Catfishing in St Croix River- New to BOC Thought I would say Hello

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by comanchero, Feb 6, 2006.

1. comanchero

comanchero New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Just wanted to say Hello, I logged on today. Starting my preparations for the next season and I'm looking for new tactics and techniques. I primarily fish the St Croix River and Pool 3 on the Mississippi. I monitor several forums and this one looked informative and inviting. I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brains for new ideas.

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    comanchero, Hello and welcome to BOC Country!!

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Welcome aboard. You will find many skilled catfisherman here.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC!!! This is a place to find what you need !!! Pick away, and I am sure you will have something to add to the BOC, as many of us have!!!

5. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    welcome, and nice profile pic!

shawn

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

7. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome to the BOC brother. I spend a lot of time on the Minnesota river fishing cats. Look forward to sharing tales and info.
    Did you pull that cat in your Avatar out of the St. Croix. How big was it?

8. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Welcome to the Boc. Have you ever caught a sturgeon out of the St Croix?

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Welcome Comenchero. Looking for new ideas? You came to the right place.

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Welcome to the BOC Comanchero.

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Welcome to the B.O.C. You have come to the right place to share information with people that are serious about catfishing! We are happy to have you aboard!

12. comanchero

comanchero New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Greg - I thought you might like this picture of a 54" sturgeon out of the St Croix caught last October 13th. We had a great sturgeon season last year - just as the fall flathead bite peters out the sturgeon fishing starts - it was a great year.

Attached Files:

13. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Welcome aboard and nice sturgeon pic. I've caught many sturgeon on the MN river, but nothing that big!:eek:

14. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Nice sturgeon. I wish we had some of those fish where I live. But Iowa DNR think of them as a rough fish. All they want to do is flood our waters with those stupid walleye and bass.

15. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Hello Comanchero,

Welcome to the BOC!

Where abouts do you fish on the St. Croix River. I fish the St. Croix near Hudson Wis. and Bayport MN. I live in MN and also regualerly fish the Mississippi River both in the twin cities and down near Lacross Wis. Let me know where you fish the St. Croix and maybe this summer we can wet a line.

Take Care!

Sincerely, Kevin

16. hanson

hanson New Member

State:
    Plymouth, MN
    Comanchero-

There is a name I recognize. I post occassionally at IDA and of course staff for FM. I like cruising all the posts from the southern guys seeing how catfisherman from all across the country fish cats. Good stuff!

That St. Croix sturgeon fishing is a blast. I hit the water last fall with Fisher Dave, fishhead, and Briank and we landed quite a few but the biggest was only 45".

17. comanchero

comanchero New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hi Chris - Great to see you on here. I'm following a few forums to pick up any good ideas for next season. I follow a lot of your posts - keep those catfish and MN River posts alive. We need to get together for a St Croix trip sometime this summer - I'll get back to you when the time is right for some good action.

18. mikey0143

mikey0143 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I fish the same water you do. Might need some pointer from you for channel and Flathead. Any pointer will do.

19. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I have never fished the St Croix but would like to. We should try and get a bunch of people together and fish it sometime this year. A gathering nearby would be great!

20. nuthinlikeacat

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Hanson,
    How far of a drive are the places you fish around here. I see your from Plymouth. I moved to Eden Prairie this last year, and still do a majority of my fishing near the St Peter, Le Sueur, Belle Plain area. I would like to do more fishing in the cities, but I am not to familiar with the areas, or good spots to fish. I dont have a boat anymore, so until I get one again, I will probably be doing a bunch of shore fishing.

If possible, I would rather have a few spots to try right away this spring rather than spend the whole summer trying to find spots. Any help would be appreciated.