Catfishing in South Texas, Perhaps a Chapter?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Coldave, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Coldave

Coldave New Member

State:
    Texas
    Do we have any diehard South Texas BOC members in the San Antonio area? If so, lets get together and start our own South Texas Chapter, Group or Gang of Catfishermen/women. If you are from Austin, Dilley, Floresville, San Antonio or other metro area, let us combine our forces, what ever that is and form our own group. There seems to be a number of places to catfish with great results, lets share that knowledge as I am new and just starting to find places to go and folks to go with.
    Dave

2. Coldave

Coldave New Member

State:
    Texas
    They are sending me lit for the formation of a South Texas Chapter. Some of you other South Texas folks chime in here and let's make this happen. hillcountry, you listening?

3. rickr

rickr New Member

State:
    Schertz Texas
    Let's get'r done. Count me in.

4. Coldave

Coldave New Member

State:
    Texas
    It says my message is too short, lordy, that has been the story about my messages and my fish.

5. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    :big_smile: Dave, I'm interested . Would ove to be apart of something like that.
    Shoot me a Pm or email and we'll see what we can't do to get it runnning. Need some representation down here in the ol South and another eason to get together and sawp stories.

6. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Welcome to the BOC and count me in. I'm in Victoria about a hour and a half from you. Anything you need just let me know.

7. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    you got some good blue cat water there in Victoria..but you already know that:big_smile: ..would llove to fish the Guad. down there before it gets too hot.
    What's the bite been lik elately?

8. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Well with 2 boys in little league, 1 daughter in softball, and 1 daughter in soccer, I don't have any idea how the bite is. LOL

Working on going this weekend sometime so if the weather permits, i'll post and let ya know. Good to hear from ya.

9. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dave,

While you are setting up, make sure to contact whistler (Bryan) and get up to date on the requirements to join the BOC Partners in catfishing program.

Only those tournaments that are in the Partners in Catfishing program may post and discuss them on the BOC.

Good luck with your chapter!

10. SCOTT KILLAM

SCOTT KILLAM New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I'M IN OZONA ABOUT 2 HOURS FROM YOU AND I AM INTERESTED AND I BET I COULD GET SOME MORE MEMBERS IF WE COULD GET THIS TO HAPPEN LOL

11. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    I didnt see anybody say anything about any tournaments.

Im in Kerrville. decent channel cat fishin here with a few yellows here n there.
    A hill country catfish club would be great!

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    there are alot of us here in the south that would like that. i'm from karnes city about 60 miles from s.a.

13. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like I am WAY down here by myself. I have yet to meet a person here that catfishes!!

14. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Well shoot. Maybe we should see what the regs are and have a get togther.
    I'm here in New Braunfels but fish the Guad, Calaveras,Braunig and Choke.
    Hopefully we can orchestrate something that fits everyone's schedule or accomodates all parties involved , fry up some fish, tell lies and catch some fish

15. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Count me in !!
    it's great to see all these members around this part of the world. I'm in Wilson county about 10 miles from either Braunig or Calaveras lakes.

Ruben

16. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    I like the idea of a south texas chapter as I can't take off to go out of state to fish. I live in Lockhart south of Austin and will go anywhere in Texas to fish. Pat Muckelroy

17. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    Sounds good to me. I am at home in Burnet during the summer and in Three Rivers Oct - May. Don't get around very good but I will do what I can.

18. HappyDudeSr

HappyDudeSr New Member

State:
    Texas
    I live in Seguin. Count me in!

19. wader

wader New Member

State:
    george west texas
    I am from George west and would be very interested in joining......drop me a line if there is anything that I can do to help get it kicked off......

20. BillS2007

BillS2007 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Why not? I'm in Gonzales, count me in.