Catfishing in lake lewisville

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by chuck7700, Oct 15, 2005.

1. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I'M LOOKING FOR A FISHING PARTNER TO FISH WITH ME. I LIVE IN COPPELL, TX. I BOUGHT A NEW BOAT. IT'S A 26 FOOT COMBINATION FISH/SKI BOAT. IT'S A GALLAXI BOAT. ANY TAKERS. I'M FORCED INTO RETIREMENT, BECAUSE I HAVE CANCER. I'M OKAY, I GET KEMO ONCE A WEEK.
    THANKS,
    CHUCK SCROGGINS
    Please PM me for contact information.

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    chuck, lake lewisville is a really good catfish lake. Check with lakeview marina for fishing reports. If I ever get some time off I'll go fishing with on lake lewisville.

3. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    IM out on lewisville just about every single weekend. Id love to go with ya some time. I do alot of bank fishin because i dont have a boat,however i can show you were to go with a boat also.. :D

4. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    just give me a ring at 972-896-8581 that my cell number

5. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Hey Chuck,

My name is Curtis. I hope things are going as well as can be expected for you. I am interested in fishing LL with you. I have a boat I've been working on for the summer, and it's got lots of room.
    Do you know where to catch shad on the lake? I've got a 50 gallon bait tank that needs some use.

C2

6. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    chuck PM me for my Cell number...lets get in touch id love to go with ya.make a new friend.

Curtis hit the coves for shad you can get your fill. if you need specific sites for shad you can call me also.. :cool:

7. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Hey there neighbors. I am going to be in Flower Mound visiting my in-laws for christmas. Well I would sure like to find someone to fish with for a day while we are down there.
    If there is anyone around that area that would like to show me around I would be grateful. And as always the beers on me!
    Send a P.M. to me please if you are interested.

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I dont have a boat but i live in the lewisville area im always looking for a fishing partner.

9. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Hey Chuck,

I fish for cats out at the Lewisville Barge every weekend. If you don't mind me being a woman, I would love to go with you. Going to be there this Saturday. CIBE2001 knows me.

Catfishmomma

10. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    catfishmomma, welcome to the BOC! We would love to have you all at the texoma gathering in april. See gathering tread for texas gatherings. :)

11. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    catfishmomma, ive been fishing the barge for sometime now only got 2 cats from there. hows your luck been? i dont think there is any cats around there well not for $7.00 to get in and $3.50 a pole. been hearing that some big cats are being caught down at lake park right next to the dam and it only cost you 3 bucks to get

12. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Hey James,

yeah I know what you mean....the cost of going to the barge is 7.00 a pop, but the extra poles only cost 1.00. A dozen of minnows only 1.75.

This past weekend, I only caught 2 1lbs. But the weekend before I caught 9 cats, so that wasn't too bad. I am heading over there again this Sunday. I usually go on Saturdays, but my son is helping in the boy scouts and he goes with me also my daughter. Unfortunally, my husband doesn't care to fish, but loves to eat it. Ha!
    I don't know how to get to the lake park by the dam tho. That price sounds really good to me. If you don't mind telling me how to get there I would really appreciate it.

The water at the barge has really gone down quite a bit.

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    i never paid attenion to the name of the park ive just heard it called lake park but anyways when you are leaveing the barge take your first left go threw the frisbie golf course and it should end up at a stop sign and you should see the park entrace infront of you not too sure on the price during the day i stay over night and the guy only charges me 3 bucks and also if you live in lewisville you get in cheaper. there is also another park at the spillway thats really good right down the road on mill its the LLELA park UNT runs it they are open friday-sunday 7 to 7 only 3 bucks to get in. to get there just take mill street south like you would be heading to 121 go about a mile i think its the first stop light you will come to take a left on jones street and go all the way tell it ends. not much being caught at the spillway right now but lots of big buffalos to catch come spring time the big blues will be heading up the river and pile up at the spillway ive caught alot of 5-10# and one 15# lost some bigger ones just last spring been alot bigger ones caught i think the record last year was 55

14. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    I think the last time I went towards the park area it cost 10.00, not too sure tho...I live in Irving, so my luck they would charge me the full price Ha!

I sure do thank you for the directions......I plan on fishing this Sunday since the kids are out for the holiday.

15. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Also James,

What bait do you use anyway? Just curious....and again thanks for the information.

16. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    well i think the price to get in really depends on what time of day and who is working the gate. i use mainly live shad and cutbait there is two docks at the park too dont think you are allowed to fish from them but good place to get shad at night at the first dock there is sevral crappie sets right below the dock never seen anyone catching any. i uselly follow the main park road all the way to the last parking area (closes to the dam) had a friend get a 30# blue few weeks ago on big live minnow another guy got a 20# blue a week ago off cut bait there is also another place that you can fish for free near the barge. when you are leaveing the barge take that left and when you come to the frisbie golf carse park on the side of the road i like fishing near the big rocks that are all together dip bait is what uselly works down there

17. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    I live in Corinth. Lewisville is a great lake to fish. I have really started to get into the catfishing this year. I have had some pretty good luck. I'm still learning something new everytime I go out. We can hook up and go fishing one of these days. Most of the time seems like I fish solo so I have a backseat open. Gook luck

18. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    I haven't hardly caught any crappie this past year don't know whats going on. Anyway I sure do thank you for all the information you've given to me. I plan on going fishing tomorrow, (sunday). I am looking forward to heading to those areas. I have not caught any blues that large in my life. Sure would be great if I did tomorrow, anyway maybe we will run into each other. Never know.

19. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    well if you would like to catch some big blues head to the spillway around July get there early on a Friday morn use some big chunks of chicken livers or 4 to 5 inch breams better have a heavy duty pole and reel you might catch a 5# fish that will fight like a 20 pound fish when he gets in that current seen alot of poles get snaped inhalf from fish down there. i havent been crappie fishing much heard that they are really picking up at the barge friend told me last wedsday he got 15 nice size ones said they all came out of the crack. you wont every see me there on the weekend way too many people i usely go mondays or tuesdays i usely stay from 10 at night tell mid morn. you wouldnt happen to be that ladie i seen a couple months ago that caught that 8# carp out of the carp well would you?

20. TxCatfishGuide

TxCatfishGuide New Member

State:
    Texas
    There are plenty of free bank fishing opportunities on the North end of the lake around Big Sandy and Arrowhead. With the water so low you can walk the banks and get access to deeper water. Take a surf rod!

I have seen people catching fish from the banks for the last few weeks while I am out with clients.