Catfishing in Dover

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Live2Fish.Fish2Live, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Live2Fish.Fish2Live

Live2Fish.Fish2Live New Member

State:
    Dickson,Tennessee
    Gatortail and I headed down to Dover yesterday for a day of catfishing looking for the "BIG ONE" and some eaters to go with em. We had a good day and it wasn't long before we had a big fish in the boat along with some eaters as the day went along. We did lose a few big ones but that isn't unusual for me and my luck. We came across a stretch of river that had a trotline or a basket every 300 yards or so for at least a two mile stretch. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if that area is notorious for commercial fishermen because it was my first trip down that way in a long time.
    Thanks!

2. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I like peanutbutter:dribble:

3. Live2Fish.Fish2Live

Live2Fish.Fish2Live New Member

State:
    Dickson,Tennessee
    It aint got no gas in it................I like mustard and biscuits:tounge_out:

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    don't know but the commercial boys hitting the spoonbills hard here on the MS

5. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    we fish there quite regualy and have yet to run into commercial there,we always run into them down by the fairgrounds in Clarksville...lately when we go out we drop about 6 jugs but keep them in eye view.We have good luck there , ramp is nice and lots of back water and feeder creeks...