Catfishing in caves

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by wolfman, Jun 2, 2008.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Has anyone ever fished underground rivers or lakes? I would think it would be a flathead sanctuary.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      66.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      65.3 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      70.4 KB
      Views:
  2. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks like lost river caves.Never thought to ask them to let me fish when i was there.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    there's a cave kind of like that on a lake i fish. i have never tried it for flatheads because there's a sumberged forest right around the bend from the cave. the forest and the cave are maybe 300 yards apart, so i might try the cave! i have caught a bunch of blues and channels in there at times on cutbait.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice river in the cave. maybe it has Moby Dick in there.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    When they built Nickajack Dam on the Tennessee River below Chattanooga, the new lake was considerably higher than the old one, and it flooded Nickajack Cave. I've heard reports from divers that there are some really big catfish there in the mouth of the cave. And while the locks area of the old dam (Hales Bar Dam) was cleared out for the barges coming through, the rest of the dam was dynamited in place. It's obvious that this provides lots of concrete cover, but lots of people don't know that the reason the old dam was replaced was that the water had cut out caves under the dam, and it wasn't holding water very well any more. Between the caves and the concrete rubble, the local F&G guys will warn you not to let your youngster get too attached to a rod while fishing that area, or he's liable to get dragged out of the boat.

6. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

this is weird we got a cave here in leavenworth kansas that is closed now but suposibly people use to be able to drive in it, and i was talking to my dad the other day and he said there was a lake in it and that they use to catch albino cats in there, ive been in the caves recently with million power spotlights but cannot locate the lake my dad speaks of.