Catfishing hook assortment 50pc

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 6, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    whats in them ??????

type not size :roll_eyes:

anyone buy them

good bargin :wink:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Don't fall for it, those hooks usually are factory seconds and aren't very sharp and way to small for catfishing anyway.

3. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I agree with J.W. Don't fall for it.

4. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I don't buy hooks unless I can see them up close. I like the circle hooks.

5. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Leroy;
    I must agree with the others that have posted before me, DON'T Go for it!:sad2: This is one of those cases where it sounds good but it's too good to be true!
    If your SERIOUS about your Catfishing, and being a member of the BOC says that you are, then please spend the extra money for Top Of The Line Hooks! You will be a much happier person in the long run, especially when the day comes that you hook into your personal best!:big_smile: Of course on that day you WILL be EXPECTED to POST it for ALL of US Brother's and Sister's to read!!:smile2::wink:
    This past year, I've tested a lot of hooks to destruction. Each time I tested those "Bargain Brand" hooks they invariably failed at loads of 1/2 the name brands and LESS!! This is the ONLY time that I bought cheaper hooks!
    I've been where your at and spent good money for less than the best equipment. If I had joined the BOC sooner, listened to what Brother Fisher/Dreadnaught and many others had to say, I could have saved enough money to buy a good quality reel!!
    It's the old adage about "Getting What You Pay For" and it's just as true for fishing equipment as it is for so many other things that we buy!
    On a final note and this is a bit off your question but I am going to say it anyway because your relatively new yet.
    I've met a lot of Brother's and Sister's in the BOC. For me, joining the BOC has been a life changing experience!
    BOC Brother's and Sister's will, at times, "Mess with your mind". They will never laugh at You but they will "Laugh WITH You" because they have made the same mistakes you will make, this is the "BTDT/Been There Done That concept. Some will "pick on ya" a bit because they like you and are showing the rest of us that your an "O.K." person, ... especially that Dreadnaught fellow whom I know personally.:wink:
    However! When you need to know facts, need help; even on something outside of Catfishing, are having trouble with a reel, a wheel bearing on your boat trailer, or are going through a tough time in Real Life and are not sure which way to go or where to turn, you will find none better than the Brother's and Sister's of the BOC that will try and help you through your crisis!!
    We are NOT perfect, we all are human and we make mistakes just like everyone else in the World does. Some of us are more outgoing than others, some are a bit more reclusive and don't post as much as others. Some are grouchy at times, some are long winded at times too, myself included! :wink:
    Most of us can claim to be a bit crazy in one form or another! :wink:
    But that is part of what makes us BOC Brother's and Sister's. That is what makes us, ... "Family". In this "Family" you will find many people with a variety of skills. Some will be better at certain things than others. But the BOC Brother's and Sister's have the ability to use their individual strengths to the best of their abilities and are not afraid to call on others to help them out in times of need.
    In fact, instead of listening to a long winded "Canine", go experience it for yourself! :big_smile: In the days, weeks, months, and years ahead you will find what I have said to be true. In fact, you may find that what I have just told you is just "A drop in the bucket"!
    If there is anything that I, or any BOC Brother or Sister can do to help you in time of need, please feel free to call on us. We will do our best, of that I am sure.
    In fact, I honestly believe that NO BOC Brother or Sister will knowingly give you wrong information or deliberately cause you harm!
    Fraternally and Sincerely,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    JW hit it right on the head. Those hooks are no better then the ones you find at a flea market. Your better off buying good hooks in the sizes that fit your needs.

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Just order up a box of 50 7/0 Kahles for around $5 and you should be set for a while :cool2:

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

a guy told me that he uses them for catfishing ( the 5/0 hook )

as for the kahles i bought 50 4/0 and 50 7/0 :cool2::cool2:

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I wouldnt buy them either, do they say what brand they at least?

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    J.W is right all your going to get is junk,thats why its a bargin.More then half of it you will never use or even need.It can get high but id spend a few dollers more and stick with the stuff we know for a fact gets the job done and is good quality.Good luck brother.

11. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

alls they say is "value pack" which means nogo in my book

once again to everyone... i didnt plan on buying them i was wondering what hook a guy was using and know that kahles are 50 for $5 ( cheapest ive seen)and when a assortment is 50 for $1.70 then something is wrong :roll_eyes:

thats like bassers catching catfish :smile2:

12. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    For that price for 50 kahles, id say something is up for sure. Normal price for 50 kahle 7/0 hooks should be somewhere around 15.00 dollars. Like everyone is telling you, just spend the few extra dollars and get the good stuff. Could make all the difference in landing that PB Cat. Good luck, rspd507

13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Not sure where you getting your hooks, but you can buy a box of 50 Eagle Claw 7/0 Kahles for around $5 all day long....

14. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thats what im talking about

that was a good thing for the kahles not negative