Catfishing good at North Branch Susquehanna River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Skammer, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I had a total knee replacement done last month & haven't fished or got out archery hunting for a month & half. I am now doing much better & it was great to get out yesterday on the river bank. I fished with JiggerJim & we fished from around 10.30 AM 'till 6 PM. I would have stayed after dark but by that time my knee was hurting & I decided to give it up early. The bite was very good from the get-go & we had action all day right up 'till we quit. The river had gone up about 4 ft the day before & the cats were on the rampage! SemperFI showed up in the afternoon but didn't bring his fishin gear. He had some things to attend to & just stopped by to visit. It just so happened that when he got there both of my rods were hit & he was able to grab one & got a nice cat. So he did get to fish after all! We ended up with a total of 41 cats & the biggie was 29.75 in & 12 lbs. We had some 28 & 29 inchers thrown in but most of the cats were between 22 & 25 inches. I really enjoyed getting out again! Some of the pics.

http://skam232.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Cat-Fishin-102609/10109317_2YQzb#P-1-12

2. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Jim,
    Looks as though you had a wonderful day there. Hope that everything heals up properly with your knee and you don't experience too much pain. Thank you for the report and the pictures. Take care!

Ray

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    WOW! :crazy: 41 Cats in one day! That is awesome! :cool2: Good to hear your knee is feeling good after the operation Skammer!:big_smile: Great to see a batch of your pictues again! :big_smile:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Skammer - What was the helicopter doing in that one pic?

5. He had to call in for more bait silly!:eek:oooh::smile2:

6. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Always great pics from the Skammerman:wink:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Glad to see you back in ACTION!:wink:

Just in time for deer season too!:smile2:

8. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Good one John ROTFLMAO :smile2::smile2:

The Helicopter is moveing wire's and sysemagraft (spelling) equpment around the county. We are sitting on top of one of the largest natural gas deposit's in the country, and they are lookin for the largest pocket's right now. It's unbeliveable how many hole's there drilling around here, plus laying pipe. It is said that Bradford & Susquehanna county's will one of the rich's county's in the State. Boy I wished I owned more land here, :sad2::sad2: So I'll still be a poor man.:angry:

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    wow, great nite on the water, sounds like that made up for havin some time off. glad ta hear your gettin around good, my mom had a double knee replacement in january, doesn't sound like fun at all

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Congrats on a GOOD nights fishing Jim! Glad to see you out and about.:cool2:

11. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I can't hardly imagine someone getting both knees done at on time! The first three days of therapy provided me with the most pain I have ever experienced. God bless her,she must be a tough woman!

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i couldn't imagine it either, she spent 2 weeks in a physical rehab right after surgery until she could walk with a walker before coming home, after about 4 months she was just using a cane, after about 6-7 months no cane, they say to get both done at the same time cause after ya get one done ya won't want to go back for the second one cause the pain is so bad

13. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Jim, looks like a wonderful day of fishing and fun. I glad that you knee is doin better. Don't push it and let it heal real good...tight lines :cool2:

14. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    same with my mom, got both done at the same time... bad knees run in my family, Ive had knee pain for years and im only in my twenties, doesnt bode well for me :sad2:

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Yeah, your probably right! :wink: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

16. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

nice cats jim! i'm surprised how well you did at the end of october! must of been that rising water!

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    also the lowering temps get the channels feeding, i've caught my biggest channels end of oct/nov. last year i got a 16#'er on nov. 2nd

18. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

....................................................................................:eek:oooh: I guess I better get my butt on that river!

19. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    You're right about not wanting to have the second one done! I hope I NEVER have to go through that again.

20. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I can usually catch channels ,in certain spots, as long as the river is ice free. I have caught them through all the winter months.
    The rising water definately was a plus on the last outing!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009