Catfishing - Going Saturday in Virgina

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by coonskinner88, Mar 26, 2006.

1. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    thank yall for the info on the last post....but im goin fishin this saturday and im goin to try bouy 19 next to the 58 bridge....and was gonna see if anyone could tell me a few more areas around there to try.....i plan on using fresh shad....hopeing to make the second trip of the year better than the first....

2. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be out there if everything goes well this week. What kind of boat are you on,let me know so I can look for you.Don"t catch them all save me some:cool: 1bigblue

3. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    me and my buddy will b in a 17 foot grumman.... well b fisin around gravel hill and twards the rivers.... wat kinda boat to do fish in.... i mighta seen u before?

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    good luck to you guys, hope you do well

wheelmobile07

5. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a 15ft Bumble Bee with a 70 Evinrude. It's blue with 14 rod holders on it. It's a old fiberglass Bass Boat. I've been about 15 times this year.I fished around grassy a couple of weeks ago caught a few. Also the same around 19.It took awhile to catch bait. I'm glad those stripers were hungry enough to chase the shad out of the water. I had brim and crappie but no takers.I'll fish from 19 to the Rail Road Trussel.Might try to mark some fish around Buffalo and Blue Stone.Drop me a line and me know what you think 1bigblue:cool:

6. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    hey guys what area are yall going to be fishing at? Im thinking of going saturday to danville to try and catch some catfish. Yall think ill have any luck? If not where do u think i should try?

7. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    There are some HAWGS aroung goat island right now, Fish the inlet and outlet on the bank side of the island, and if the wind cooperates, try drifting between the island and the bank.
    I'm gonna try to get on the water, but i got another hole to try, i'll let yall know if i get to go.
    Mike
    (cpr)

8. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    where is this goat island? if there r some big ones there thats where i wanna be

9. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Right on, on the goat Island. I pulled 38 lb in October last year.I couldn't mark any fish there last time I went. It was too windy then. Theres a shit load of snags there:) . I'm going to try to go Saturday,but they have youth TURKEY DAY Saturday.I need to watch the weather. Let me know If your going.I'm thinking fishing:cool: 1bigblue

10. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Goat Island is near Clarksville bridge, If you put in at Occaneechee, go left down lake till it curves to the right, that curve is junkmans curve, once out of the curve you should see an island to your left , that is goat island.....You can also put in at island creek, go out to the main channel, and goat island is to the left on the other side of lake...
    Good Luck
    Mike

11. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    we went last night but didnt go to buoy 19 we went down twards the rivers as far as we could and fished....it was about 10 boats all around us and the fish were jumpin from when we got there till we left at 10.....we eneded up catchin a nice flathead.....bottomed a 25 lb scale out so not sure of the exact weight

12. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    What depth was the flatheads caught in? what type bait, and were you drifting or anchored...
    Thanks,
    Mike
    (cpr)

13. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    it was caught in between 10-12 foot, anchored, and on cut brim, the rest of the rods were shad except for one of mine with a live brim which got a lil run but nothing big.... didnt look like the fish around the rivers were bitin shad to me

14. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    How were the fish at 19 ? Couldn't go Saturday Death in famliy. Anybody catching any Shad ? Where ? Anybody know the water Temp? I gotta know looking for that LUNKER :cool: 1bigblue

15. coonskinner88

coonskinner88 New Member

State:
    VA
    we didnt fish at 19 and shad was pretty easy to catch
    i went again alst night and caught a nice flathead, about 30 pounds and got him on the side of the boat and we was fixin to net him and he got a sudden burst of energy and figured he didnt wanna get in the boat and my line somehow broke when he went under the boat
    cant win um all
    i think your best bet it around holiday shores
    we caught ours on cut brim
    and no bites on shad

16. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went Friday, the wind was blowing hard. I had to go behind the marina to catch bait at the new 58 bridge in 1 to 2 foot of water:mad: . I lost 4 fish that where over 30 lbs. I should have used a straight shank hook and I would have some bragging rights:) . Oh well there's always next week. 1 bigblue:cool: