Catfishing goals

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by HOKIEFISHER, May 26, 2009.

1. HOKIEFISHER

HOKIEFISHER New Member

State:
    Halifax, Va
    Do you set goals at the begening of each year to catch a certain size fish if so is it.
    My goal is to catch a 35# plus cat before the summer over I've never caught anything over 25.

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea, This year,,
    I wanted to do more "Quality" fishing.. Targeting Flats, etc.
    Get a new PB,,
    Try new techniques,
    One I've attained, is, I've targeted and caught a Flathead during the day!!
    I'm trying using bobbers-floats, to help increase catching Cats.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I set the same goal every year . Catch alot of catfish and crappie , and bust that largemouth record.

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I don't generally set specific goals. My goals in general though are, to get out as much as I can and enjoy everything I can while I'm out. I do try to find something unique with each trip though. It might be something simple as finding a new spot to setup, or seeing the wildlife along the river and watching them in their environment. I can usually pick something new out for each trip. Maybe looking for signs on the surface from fish in an area. To.... trying to pattern there movements from a previous trip. Sometimes the little things end up producing a better trip in the future, catch wise.

5. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    my goal is to catch larger fish and target more flatheads, my goal always has been the state record, I try for that but Im satisfied with just fishing and catching. I would like to get enough feeders to fill the freezer for winter.I guess I kind of have unset goals each year to catch my personal best in each species, my PB in each species is channel 17 , flat head 22 and blue cat 45 lbs, still looking to set new ones all the time.

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

My goals to catch a new state record every year! It just aint happened yet.:crazy:I enjoy all my time on the water,and thank God for it,but if your gonna set a goal,you might as well think BIG.:eek:oooh:

7. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    #125 blue from the bank.