Catfishing Goals for 2009

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Blacky, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I would like to join the 40/40 club.

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I haven't caught a flat yet so catching one is my first goal,second goal is 20 pounder:wink:

3. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    sorry I feel dumb... what is the 40/40 club?

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    40lb yeller and 40lb blue.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I want to catch a catfish over #50, and I want to get a Sturgen form the Delaware River.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I hope to get a new PB Flathead and Channel Cat! Explore more areas and try new spots on the Allegheny. Meet up and fish with more of my BOC brothers! :cool2:

7. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa

same here scott, i plan to use bigger bait in the hopes of bigger fish.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What I would really like to do this year is to set Personal bests in all 3 catfish species( Flathead)---( Bluecat)---( Channelcat)..... Also, I am going to target more channelcats while I'm waiting on the Flatheads to bite. I would like to take 1 st....2 nd....3 rd place in the channelcat hall of fame for the state of Kentucky. The Bluecat and Flathead are going to be hard to beat. But the channelcat records are wide open!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    One of these day, Scott! Either you come out East for the taste of the Skuke or I come out west and we go stellheading after Thanksgiving this November!

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Send down a legal smallmouth in the summer months and you'll be suprised what will try to eat it. Good luck!

11. wetflyguy

wetflyguy New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    This year my goal is to get my catty days up to half my fresh water fishin
    days around 80 days or so,and a Flat Head from Pa is in the cards also.

Wet

12. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'm going to try and target the bigger flatheads this year when the big bait becomes available. I also want to beat my PB in the channel and flat category. Get 2 more rods to go with my Penn 209 and Long Beach 60

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sounds good Tan! :big_smile: I have relatives out near Gettysburg. I've been wanting to pay them a visit. If I make it out their way this year perhaps I'll add an extra day to the trip and keep going to Philly and hit the Skuke with you guys! :cool2:

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i am going to try to up my game for flatties this year and land the monsters i have hooked into the past two years. i would like to fish some more with Jay, Justin, and Mark and a few more BOC members. would also like to get to fish with my fishin' buddy more this year and introduce him to you guys. i also have purchased a G50 Phlueger Contender baitcasting reel that i am bound and determined to learn how to use, and get a new rod for it. also am going to make it a priority to find some new, closer to home baitfishing spots. also need to sit down and figure out how to streamline my stuff so i can haul my stuff more effectively when i head out by myself. and lastly is to find somebody to fix my knee so i can get to some of my spots and fish pain free.

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    mine is to get a 20lb or better blue and to fish the sippi with brother skipeye some and mabe a few uther boc brothers

16. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I want to catch some monster flats. Also, like John says catch some channel cats while flathead fishing. Alot of people say they dont have the patience for flathead fishing but a good trick is when you have the big poles with the big baits flathead fishin take a smaller pole with smaller bait and catch channels why you wait for the flatheads it always works for me and keeps you from getting bored because the flats will make you wait for long periods of time sometimes hours and hours.

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would like to beat my pb's & I am so feelin it ....when it warms up "it's on !" I am gonna be real scarce round here I am fishin and fishin:smile2:boat /gear is all maitanced and sittin in the garage ready:roll_eyes:

18. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'd like to get into some 30 and 40# fish this year, last year was way too short and was only able ta get out the last month and a half before cold water hit, also have the boat in the river more this year at different locations, i picked up a "mac's river runner" for my motor so that should help out gettin into some of those low water spots

19. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    I just want to break the 20# mark, then i will go from there.

20. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'm sure that won't be a problem this spring.......if your allowed out:smile2: