Catfishing goals for 2006?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by center12, Mar 21, 2006.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Whats your(realistic) fishing goal for 2006?

I'm thinking the chase for a 20+ channel cat will consume most of my summer. I know for a fact that fish that size are in the 2 waters I fish the most.

What "monster" will you be chasing in 06?

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    My goal this year is to fish more than last year and try to catch bigger cats and catch all the different species of cats this year.

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Jim, that's my goal after the channel cat quest is fullfilled:). The one in my avatar was 56, but was on a line...........would like to tangle with one that size on rod and reel!!!

4. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Id like to catch a flathead this year, and Id like to watch my oldest son Tyler (10 yrs old) land a 15lb plus cat

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My goal is to catch enough cats to have a decent fish fry for my family

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Tony

Copan

Trotline

Cut shad

FISHFRY!!!!!

Don't know how many you have to feed, but a couple of lines over a couple of weekends should feed a few.

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    My goal is to catch a new personal best blue, flathead, and channel cat. I think that that's realistic, but beating my best channel, at 17lbs, will be the toughest of the 3. Last year, I caught my personal best flathead and blue on the same day. I doubt I ever get that lucky again :009:

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I landed a 27# channel last year so I'm never going to beat that I figure. My goal this year is to break the 50 pound mark for a blue.

9. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    ive lost 40+ pounders the last 3 springs and this year my standing goal is to get one in the net. my other goal is to catch more eating sized channels. would also like to catch a good size turtle n try my hand at turtle soup.
    im also starting to get into carp fishin, so i guess my goal for that is to actually make some boilies that consistently catch carp. another goal is to get my wife to finally break down n get her fishin license so that wont be an excuse for her not to fish.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My goal is to catch more and bigger flatheads this year..My biggest last year was 25-lbs, I would like to break 30-lbs a couple time this year.

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Crazy, you catch that up by Lawrence??

I weighed a big channel for a guy at the 8th street boat ramp last year.

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    My goal is to figure out the dang Missouri River. I have a nice flathead and channel to my name, but those were both caught in a lake I shouldn't name(Lake Lotawana). 30.1 for the flathead and 15 even for the channel cat. My biggest blue so far is only 9.7 and that came out of the Marais de Cygne River west of La Cygne. I for the life of me can't catch anything bigger than a 4lb channel cat out of the Missouri. This website is full of incredible information and I plan on putting all the tips to use this year. Thanks to everybody and keep sending in the info.

13. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    My goals this year is to get fishing more this year than last. To see and meet more friends. Just to have a better and calmer year than last. I'm not one to try and impress, I yam who I yam, and thats all that I yam. :006:

14. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    It's been almost 3 years since I took a fish over 40 pounds with a rod and reel. I've been spending a lot of time fishing with the kids and not much into serious night fishing for the really big fish. I have plenty of places to catch either a 50 pound blue or flathead I just need to put the time in.

By the way there is not suitable place to put a trotline in at Copan.:p

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

my only real goal is to fish alittle more than i did last year,and post a few more fish

16. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Same here CATFISHCENTRAL, But isn't just as much fun to teach than to catch. always has been for me. Mostly self taught with just a few tips as kid from my Grandfather when I was just a tadpole. people after that teaching me was just a, well they fished, I didn't get to. Guess bait boy. at about 10, I told them I wasn't there master baiter. Wasn't sure what I had said but, sure worked. Never asked to go again.
    I get more joy out of sharing what I have learned, than going out alone for those bigs cats. Don't get me wrong. I'm going for the big Cats this year, come hell or high water. I've been out fishing with those bass hot shots and seen crappie till I got tired. But those Big cats. They make me crazy. Got to get me one. 22 lbs is very nice. A channel in the teens. But 30+.
    I think I have the gear finally together for that Big Cat & that grass carp We'll see. Going old school on that bad Boy.

17. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Dang, my bad..................that would be Elk City not Copan, you'd have to look for a week of Sundays to find a suitable trotline spot on Copan;)

18. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I've not wet a hook in about a year and a half. So my first goal is to go! I got me a new (new to me) boat with a new trolling motor and a new sonar rig and I want to mark a fish and then catch that paticular fish. I think that would be awesome.

ST

:0a23:

19. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Am Gunning For A New Personal Best Flathead On Rod And Reel. Right Now Its Standing At Just Over 28 Lbs. My Personal Best On Lines Is 72 Lbs. That Surely Would Have Been More Fun Trying To Reel It In. I Am Planning On Chasing Some Blues Around This Year. Only Have A Couple Under My Belt. I'll Have To Travel A Ways To Get Into Them.

20. Tar_River_kid

Tar_River_kid New Member

State:
    NC- Nash county
    My goals are to get out on the river more, take my girl friend with me more. And just have fun. I love to catch big cats but I have a ball on the nights I get skunked to. I would love a 30+ flat head though.