Catfishing down homeway

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by johnboat, Sep 4, 2007.

1. johnboat

johnboat New Member

State:
    pontiac il.
    hey all,
    been a spell since i've had a chance to get on, the site looks better than ever.. anyway the "boss" and i want to come back to the home state and play with the big kittys.. does anyone know of a resort, motel, hotel, or campground (with cabins) that isn't booked up for the season ??? I'd like it to be within a few miles of any of the big lakes or rivers.. The wife just wants to get away for a week or so.. Me, i'm in it for the catfishing !! I'd be happy sitting on a gravelbar listening for the clicker..but the wife wants a few "comforts".. bathroom, lights,etc. etc.. lol.. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas PM me if you can ...we want to go soon as we can.. thanks bros... keep your lines tight...

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Lots of resorts and camp grounds here on Truman and Lake of the Ozarks Wes. They are all very nice but I have one better for ya.
    Steve Brown of Catfish Safari (a new sponsor here on the BOC) has a bed and breakfast right on the lake that is second to none. Plus you get the advantage of having the lakes top guide for a little info or for hire if you desire.
    Give Steve and Christina a call and you will be pleased I'm sure. 660-438-3135

3. johnboat

johnboat New Member

State:
    pontiac il.
    thanks troy i'll check it out, and if it's in the budget i'll soon be watching a reel smoke ,(hopefully) :wink:

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Wes,Troy is absolutly right about Catfish Safari,My buddy and me went down there a couple years ago after seeing a Roland Martin video with Steve Brown.When we went there we could count the # of 10 lb cats that we had caught on 1 hand,since then we have caught over 100-10+ lbers.My buddy Kevin"catmankev" caught his personal best 44 lber while we were out with Steve.His family is 2nd to none and the breakfest is terrific thanks to his wife Christina.If you do go down there you wont be disappointed.:wink:

5. johnboat

johnboat New Member

State:
    pontiac il.
    well, thats two for two.. checked out the catfish safari site, and altho it looks good, its alittle beyond our budget to spend over a week at a b & B ...
    what we need is a simple motel or camping place with cabins.. and something thats near some water.. like i said before, if it was just me, i'd be on a gravel
    bank..lol. thanks for the info anyway....