Catfishing can be expensive

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Feb 28, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Every year I say I got enough stuff, but I always need more..And I am just talking terminal tackle..Here is what it has cost me so far, and this will just get me thru this year.

100 -8/0 circle hooks 50 bucks

5- castnets 125 bucks

70 - 5 ounce no roll sinkers 80 bucks

4000 yds of 25-lb test biggame line 50 bucks

If I ever lose my job I will have to quit fishing!

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I must really be bored to make a post like the above!:eek:oooh:

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Maybe I should go into the tackle business and have you as a customer Jack, I might get rich....:smile2::wink::cool2:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The tackle does get extremely exspensive.................but lets talk about the 100s of gallons of gas we are going to use in a typical year powering those way too big outboards.:smile2:

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    We could have saved you the $80.00 in lead if you'd come up this past weekend. Course you would have spent close to that in gas.... but you coulda had more than 30 sinkers. :wink:

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I spend way too much put it that way, but now that I have the boat and can't afford all of the little goodies anymore, most of its gas...:angry:

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh God I feel your pain bro-Around $500 to redo my trailer-had to replace my fuel line another 15,gonna buy a new reel 150 plus 90 fer the rod then I need some hooks-swivels string and if I make enough today I am gonna get me a new fishfinder,they have a cheap one in our farmstore.....This year I have already went way over budget and I am ready to spend more.....Sat giong to Cabelas and then I can get a final talley.....Lilly finds out what I have spent and I am gonna be placed on a milk carton for sure:eek:oooh:

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Let me help you Jack with the castnet expense.Each of those castnets comes with a rope with a loop in the end.Purpose is to attach it to your hand when you throw the net.That way you will be able to retrieve it and not have to buy a new one.!!!!:smile2::wink::roll_eyes:Strange for some reason I thought you were smarter than MELLON!!!!!!!:cool2::tounge_out::eek:oooh:On the other hand MELLON doesnt use cast nets anymore he just shoots into the water will all his self defense weapons and picks up all the stunned baitfish he needs.:smile2: