Catfishing boat ramps close to I-95?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bronco67, Apr 5, 2006.

1. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    hello all from nc, I am planning to come try my hand at decreasing the population of catfish down there and was wondering if there are any ramps close to I-95wether its a public or a pay ramp ? the only place I know of is randpolfs landing and then we drove up to 95 bridge .second this is my first trip without a guide so any tips on safty for the area or who you call if in trouble would be great .third where to catch fish i usally fish small rivers a lakes so this is a big step . Ill be in a 19foot fiberglass center console so the deadforest is out so far my plan is to drift main channel during the day once again any and all info wanted thanxs in advance .

2. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dean Mills Creek Marina is a good place he has 1 ramp but it is good, they have a good restarant with good food. Its not far from I-95 bridge. directions .

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Directions to Mills Creek Marina. Take I-26 to exit 154-B (hi-way 301) to Santee, east on (hi-way 6 ) ,Go right 4 miles past I-95 to Vance, turn left at Mill Creek Marina Sign. ( big sign ) Have fun-good luck.........

4. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dean I forgot to tell you, the water around I-95 is good for drifting, still a lot of trees , dont run fast across the lake, but you can run with the channel markers ok, The picture in my Avatar was taken ,1/4 mile from I-95 Bridge.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC