Catfishing bait tips - Going fishing on saturday and need help!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by katlover, Jun 5, 2006.

1. katlover

katlover New Member

State:
    california
    i just went fishing this past saturday, but didn't catch anything. this guy next to me caught a large catfish probably about 1 1/2 - 2 ft long. it was fat too. i was fishing in a lake(pretty small kinda like a pond). i noticed that the catfish started getting excited as the sun started going down cause you could see them. they even went to the surface and splashed a little. maybe cause i threw some pieces of shad in the water. does anyone have any bait tips and a chum recipe? i don't have large buckets for chum, so i'll probably have to use small or 2liter bottles or i'll try canned dog food(i heard it works). anyways, anything will help.
    Thanks!

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    check the BOC libary for chumming recipies and techniquies(sp)also try livebait

3. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    yep check the library u can find all kinds of good stuff in there.

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    sounds like you allreadyknow how to chum. next time you go catch some small gills next to shore and put them on a baloon rig set about a foot deep. then do the shad chumn thing again. like said read in the library,good info there! carefull chumin in public waters,check your state laws on chumming first. post pics when you get yourself a two footer.