Catfishing Badin or Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tator Totts, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Tator Totts

Tator Totts New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hello all this is my first post. I am from Texas and started this year to fish North carolina. I have a six year old grandson that I am trying to get him to catch some decent fish. I always fished for bass and crappie. Crappie been my favorite. I would like to learn to catch big enough catfish to eat. No need for those big guys just big enough to eat. Yum Yum.

I fish Badin and Tillery. Need to fish daytime only. Just last week at Badin limited out on largemouth.

Any pointers on hook or stinkbait to catch the good eating ones. I think I need to fish those rocky points to find fish.

O yea I have a new Basstracker Pro Crappie boat. See me feel free to come up and talk. Always enjoy meeting new people.

Thanks all for any pointers

Mike

2. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mike if you follow my directions I gave for the thread for the bank fisherman yesterday it will take you to Old Whitney ramp. This is a great place to put in 'cause its close to the dam.Just put in and and go to the left and under the train tressel head straight ahead th e dam is up there. I looked at those crappie boats you have years ago and they are way cool! Everything is right where you need it.

3. Tator Totts

Tator Totts New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks catrod. I put in at Alcoa ramp. I wil be on lake Thursday morning. Going for Largemouth and when the sun gets up I am going to try catfishing for the first time. Hopefully I will catch some nice eating size. Just bought some store bought stink bait. You know just sit and have a beer. Soon as I can figure things out hopefully grandson will have a good time feeling tightlines. Soon school is out and time to take him fishing.

4. CATCHUP

CATCHUP New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just get a tub of livers and hold on