Catfishing at Yatesville Lake

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman_eky3, Apr 17, 2006.

1. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Last year I was fishing at Yatesville Lake in Lawrence County, and the lake was still down so I used a couple miners, and stepped on them till guts hung out a lil bit, and left my pole right off the sand lot for about a hour and a half, and caught a 15 pounder, does anyone else know any good places to fish wants they fill the waters back up.

2. LarryE

LarryE New Member

State:
    KY
    never tried catfish at yatesville.. I fished there about 2 months after they first opened it for about 30 mins on the way back from huntington once and caught a good size bass withing 10 mins.. I was hooked on that lake since then.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    not sure but i'm planning on going to yatesville this weekend.i have no boat so i'll probably fish before the boat-dock or over by the dam.hopefully the cats will be biting.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yea ive been sick in the hospital for a while now hopefully ill make it out to the lake soon, but I do got some bates im going to try while im out, who knows I may go lake one night and fish river the next.