Catfishing at Rendlake?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Gringoloco, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Where are the good spots on the lake for Catfishing?

2. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    josh i usually dont drift away from the old river channel at the south end or around the humps also in the south end. always been real productive for me. rarely fish the north end. catch bigger fish out of the old channel.

3. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Travis thanks for the tip! I haven't fished that lake since I was a kid from a boat but Crappie and Bass fishing. I am going to try to rent a jon boat and fish out on a boat for the day.

4. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well the spillway i have been told is a good place didnt get to fish rend too much last year but this year i am locked and loaded lake map and all let me kno how it goes out there

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    the jon boats they rent out there are kinda high dollar and they only let you go out so far in them. the fish in the area you can go in one are gonna be kinda sluggish right now. but it wouldnt hurt to give it a try. im sure you would have some fun either way. you can catch bluegill for bait right there by the marina.

6. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Yeah it's $75 to rent them vs. $40 or so at Washington County lake, 10hp motor on the Jon Boat at both locations. But it is better than the boat I have (don't have one :tounge_out:). I will not be renting one out until June for the Rend Lake 09 gathering, so the water will be plenty warm. Just trying to get some pointers on the lake early so I know the good locations. The boats rented out go from 8:30am to 4:40pm, so 8 hours isn't bad. $75 is a high price to pay to rent out a boat, but I love fishing from a boat so much more than the bank!

7. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    nice pic of you qnd a whisker fish budddddy !!:wink: just about to start slaying them .. one good warm rain an it's on like donkey kong!! have you got a new throw net???:cool2:

8. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    Hey Tunnel bout time i heard from you like that pic?? my internet has been down just got your e-mail. back to workin so i guess thats good huh? well you let me know when its on !! i will meet you there went night fishin at wolf creek last night did ok slow bite right now ended up on the night with 5 not like the others i got but fun all the same well get in touch with me for our next run.

9. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea got new cast net and also was reading the 2009 regulations and i dont know if the rules change by the body of water you fish or not but in the book it says cast nets cant be bigger than 8 ft in diameter i had a 6 and people were tellin me it was illegal? anyone know if the rules change for which ever water you are on??

10. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    JUST

11. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    Just go in the door fromm wolf creek2;45am waited till after the rain.think'n might hit it just right BOY was it just oppisit... wind picked up temp fell like a LED ZEPPLIN!!thur casting net about 50 times the only thing I could drag up other than rocks an old beer bottels were white perch/DRUM..3" TO 8" inchers!! not a shade one should have figured right then it was SUCKEN## got so flip"n windy rods keep sliding down the gard rail on wolf creek bridge>>any who got laid off!!!!! again. strating 2/27 .. GOT some killer places at rend lake ,,bank fishing in high waters CALL ME.this weekend.. IF thing are right might be able to catch alot of fiddlers..PS HAVE

12. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    :wink:Just go in the door fromm wolf creek2;45am waited till after the rain.think'n might hit it just right BOY was it just oppisit... wind picked up temp fell like a LED ZEPPLIN!!thur casting net about 50 times the only thing I could drag up other than rocks an old beer bottels were white perch/DRUM..3" TO 8" inchers!! not a shade one should have figured right then it was SUCKEN## got so flip"n windy rods keep sliding down the gard rail on wolf creek bridge>>any who got laid off!!!!! again. strating 2/27 .. GOT some killer places at rend lake ,,bank fishing in high waters CALL ME.this weekend.. IF thing are right might be able to catch alot of fiddlers..PS HAVE YOU ATE ANY FRESH CATFISH LATEY ?????:cool2:

13. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    yea ate some 2 days ago awfully good:smile2: gonna try old west frankfort lake tomorrow morning(sat 29th) if u like you can meet me there heard about an old mine shaft that collapsed gonna give it a whirl gonna be cold but F*** it goin anyway!! lol gotta make it up to the fishing gods!!

14. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    its not a mine shaft its a long wall fall northeast neck !