Catfishing at my local lake?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Sep 9, 2006.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am going to do, some catfishing at my local lake, I am wondering do u guys have anytips? I am going to be tarteing channels, and maybe some blues.

2. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've had great luck this year using cured liver, worms, hot dogs and sonny's on spronge hooks. Good luck!

3. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    CJ,

I guess the bait list could be endless. But, I always try to use something that is natural to the area. However, I do experiment with different things. But, liver, minnows, small bluegill and nightcrawlers should give you a pretty good arsenal of bait to experiment with.

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Don't forget the southern Shrimp Because down south you guy's have huge one's and the work good here It is just IMO Find the shrimp that still has the mudvein in them not to many place up here sell them wally world did but now the same product has changed :sad2: and it falls of the hook pretty quick within a couple bite. However you being closer to the ocean then maybe you can find it.

I usually use a 5/0 kahle hook and a uncooked raw shrimp that I peeled and they nail them up here IMO they must think that they are softshell crawdads or something. And any of the other baits that people responded already work good. Hope this helps

5. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    Anytime I Fish In Lakes I Mostly Use Warmouth Bluegills Bout 5ft Deep Especislly Now Try Shallows To They Should Be Fattening Up For Cold Months