Catfishing at Low Falls

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by lueylightingbug, Feb 22, 2007.

1. lueylightingbug

lueylightingbug New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Can anyone out their tell me how the catfish and the whitebass are biting at Low Falls. That is near Lone Star. My husband and I love to catch the big cats. :smile2:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hi, Debbie, and welcome to the BOC! Glad to have you aboard. I don't fish the low falls area (but plan to this year) and haven't spoken to anyone that's been up that way recently. I was up there on Tuesday as part of my job, but I only saw two boats that were catfishing in the river. Usually when I see the parking lots empty and boats scattered, that's a sign that the bite isn't doing so well. Everyone I've spoken with over the past couple of weeks has been having poor luck on the rest of the lakes. Good luck with your fishing. Jump in here and make yourself at home....:smile2:
    Water temps were near 50, so the fish will be up there real soon

3. lueylightingbug

lueylightingbug New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am glad to know that someone has been near there. We are going there in the morning and take my parents, they are getting on up in age and it is easier for us to get them in and out of that river. I will let you know how well we do tomorrow. I enjoy going just to get out of the house but I have caught some cats weighting form 1 lb. to 28 lbs. out there. See you later and thanks for the info. I had better hit the bed if I plan to be there early.

Thank you,
    Debbie

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC Debbie I think you will find alot of helpful info here and from the sound of the fish you have caught you can help us out also. Low falls is an exellent catfish place but the white bass do not exist anymore. Little to never does anyone catch white bass. Good luck.