Catfishing at clinton

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rajun_Cajun, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    are the kitties biting yet at clinton?. also does clinton have blues in it? well if anyone been fishing down there, your comments would be appreciated.:004:

2. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have heard of some big flatties in Clinton.. i have never fished it but lived in lawrence for a short time! good luck

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Yeah, we definitley know about big flatties. Me and Cajun went up there last summer and we saw some idiots snagging some 50+ (topped our scales out) flatheads. They said that they got a blue, but I'm not going to trust them. If they did that would be a nice little convenient place for me to go fishing at :) Any tips on this area would be nice, thanks.

4. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has anyone caught any flatties in the clinton area this year?

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Caught eatter channels on Clinton last week on shad.

The spillway fish are Kaw river fish that make it up when their letting out plenty of water for a while. Don't forget, there are people up there that do fish legal and they still catch plenty of good fish. I don't really care to be around that many people when I fish so don't go there often, that and I'd rather eat a 1.5# channel cat anyway:)

My profile picture is a Clinton fish, that said, I'd rather pole fish the river for Flatheads. Doubt the flatties are hardly awake for their winter nap yet, they'll be moving around soon though.

Can't wait to get off these 7 straight days, I ate all of last weeks fish and want more..............also need to get some cat'n done on Hillsdale before the Acats.

6. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    center12 did you catch them off of shad side or guts or just cut up shad?

7. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Dont think it matters too much, Cajun. You've seen me do it. Just hack off a side of the fish and throw it in there ;) They like all of it

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Caught them on both, just be sure and down size your bait.

9. bigflathunter

bigflathunter New Member

State:
    Lawrence, KS
    Hey Charlie, I'm itching to get out there. If you head out later this week and don't already have company I'd love to do some fishing with you.

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Aaron, what schedule you working? You still working at the same place? Have you checked the City jobs on line, there are a bunch of jobs listed. I'm off from tomorrow till Sunday at 8pm, then work 3 nights............7 off after that:)

I'll probably be getting out some this week but that depends on the weather, will head for Cabela's if the weather is bad!! I've got 2 new baitcasting reels I need rods and line for, ProAngler 50's(new reel on the market).

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Dang, forgot about the Big 12 tourament, if the weather is really sour, I'll probably end up in Henry T's watching bball, eating Buffalo wings and swilling brewage.....................pre-dance workout:p

12. bigflathunter

bigflathunter New Member

State:
    Lawrence, KS
    Ooh, forgot about the tournament, but I probably won't watch it anyway.

I'm working 7AM to 3:30 PM M-F, still out at Pearson. I know that there are layoffs on the way, I don't know if I'm a target, but I'm already trying to secure alternate employment. I am working with a guy that is going to start training me as a mortgage broker starting a little after the 20th of this month. If that works out well I'll be doing pretty good if Pearson ends up laying me off, and better if they don't because I can do mortgages in the evenings.

I checked out the city jobs, I may consider applying for one or two of them.

Anyways I'll be free all weekend, Saturday is "supposed" to be in the upper 60's. If you decide to go out and want company I'd be glad to go. Otherwise I'll probably stay shelled up in the garage working on my boat. :)

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Figured you'd have had that boat done by now................girlfriend eat'n your money,hehe.

Really depends on the wind as to what I do, do need to get down to Hillsdale so a road trip might be in order:eek: Gas hit 2.35 on 6th, at least the boat motor sips the petro:sad:

14. Bullfoot

Bullfoot New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Glad to know of some channel cats being caught .. let me know if the flatheads are done sleeping.. good luck you guys