Catfishing and location

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfishing4life, Jun 9, 2006.

1. catfishing4life

catfishing4life New Member

State:
    missouri
    Im new to the BOC and wanted to know about night nightfishing and sandbars. Ive been fishing for a couple of years but Im just learning about how to fish in differnt places. I fish below the chain of rocks bridge in granite city li. there is a sandy part just below the damn. Is that the sandy bottom im looking for or should I be looking for something else. Plese help!

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    some sand bars peoduce and some dont bud. you just have to test them out a few times. behind a sand bar and to the sides have been good for me. anything that blocks current can collect fish at times. only thing i can tell you with the limited info in your post.

3. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    Welcome to the Boc, I don't know a thing about the big muddy..but a sand flat
    near deeper water with some kind of cover on or near the flat will be productive
    at night. silence is golden when fishing a shallow sandy area. also practice good light control.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Why is there three of these exact posts?

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ha. Good point. I thought maybe the forum was multiply posts in error or something.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had good luck fishing sandbars at night, as long as there is deep water near.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Fishing behind sandbars is good. You may have to move around to different sanbars to locate fish though, but they are normally productive.