Catfishing 7-11 report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jwfish, Oct 13, 2007.

1. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Got out on the river early sunday morning out of deep bottom bait was every where no real big shad but alot big enough to cut the tail off and use hole.Was set up fishing by 7:15.First bite took it down good was a 33 lb fish,I said to my self this is going to be a good week.Did good the rest of that day caught 7 more fish 8 to 13 lbs.Monday the heat starts to turn on still caught 8 fish two 28 lb one 23 lb the rest 5 to 12 lb.Tuesday and wensday were real cookers 90 to 93 degrees some small fish but no big fish to be found wife did get a 10 lb striper.Front went through wensday night and the wind was blowing bad on thursday two small fish could not ankor any where with out blowing all over the place.All in all it was a good trip I would of went night fishing but my wife don't care much for that on a river I don't know that well.I seen sturgent jumping from jordons point to dutch gap some 5 ft long.I did see one of Boc members down there Mbandjb,nice to see you guys.I hope the weather cools the water down will be back with my daughter fishing the 11-16 of november.See ya down there then love that catfishing.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's awesome Jerry, thanks for the report. You're lucky that you got to spend a week down here fishing! I'm headed to the James in a couple hours, hope they're still biting. Did you go downriver any? BJH bridge and down? Did you castnet or use a gillnet for bait?

3. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I was down river of the BHB half a day found a couple a spots got a a 2 cats and one striper on cut shad on a mid point hump.Did get some big shad around the bridge with a 8 ft throw net.

4. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Hey Jerry,,
    Good report!
    Looks like you did better that we did.It was way to hot to fish.The temp
    Sunday was 94.
    We came upriver Sunday afternoon about 1:00 all the way to Presquile Island,but We missed seeing you guys,did not search much had to go.
    Be back down this weekend Sat and Sun..
    I called your phone and left a message,but was not sure it went through..

good report.....mikeb

5. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Yea mike the wife and me were off the river by then way to hot.Hope it cools off alot before my daughter and me come down next month.

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Good report, Jerry...it looks like you had a great time!

You're making me want to skip work and head to the water...:roll_eyes:

7. kampfire

kampfire New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I need to find out some places to start fishing aroung Ben Harrison Bridge.

3-5 pounders in the Appomattox down from Small Boat Harbor near the barge loading spot.

Mitchell in VA