Catfishin within 45 miles of Greensboro?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Kit, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Kit

Kit New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey, guys. I am headed up to Greensboro to visit family for a week, on the second. Are there any holes up there worth mentioning for catfish, bass, or even large brim?

I'm not familiar with anywhere really, in the state, other than Leland, where I stay. All I know is I don't want to spend the week babysitting my older sister's baby, when it's her job.. I could be out SOMEWHERE hittin' the fish hard, you know? So yah. Recommended rigs for the region as well, maybe?

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    There is a good channel catfish lake in High Point and Belews Lake is fairly close to Greensboro.

3. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Lake Mackintosh in Alamance county comes to mind, there are also the other city lakes, Lakes Higgins, Townsend, and Brant. Will you be fishing from the bank or by boat? Because any one of the afore mentioned lakes only allow bank fishing from designated ares and they all charge a fee for fishing (the city is pretty particular over their resevoirs).Oak Hollow is in High Point, Belews is about 45 min west of Greensboro, High Rock (SW, along 85) and Jordan (SE, 421 S to 64 E) are both about an hour away.

Good luck.

Jon

4. Kit

Kit New Member

State:
    NC
    FIshing by bank, unfortunately. Boats've gone the way of the wind in this family.