Catfishin Toughman

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by misterwhisker, Dec 30, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    my big brother told me the other day that if i got in the toughman contest in w.va. and one a least 1 bout, that he would pay for my gas and entry fees for the coming year:confused2: heck im thinkin about it:crazy: we are talkin some money here..i need help here guys, pump me up or put me down ,need advice on this one...:confused2: thanks

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hell of a way to earn a sponsor! :crazy: GO FOR IT!! :wink:

Bill in SC

3. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's a tuffy, two things you should ask yourself....

1) How confident am I?
    2) How good is my insurance again?

I say if the answer to those questions are positive then well.... don't tell the wife. :wink:

But seriously, if it's anything like it is here, anyone that goes in there to win just one bout should be able to so long as they keep they're feet underneath them and they're head and wits about them, because most of the people around here are just backyard/barroom brawlers, you put up a set of rules and they all get confused.

4. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Cover yourself in stinkbait and go for it . You should be able to chasem out of the ring without throwing a punch

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    GO FOR IT!!! i was going to fight the toughman contest here in evansville 4 years ago and the company i was working for was going to pay the entry fee but the day of the fight they canceled the whole show because of [insurance reasons] and it has never been back to town and i never persued it ... :sad2:

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I say get into the whiskey then do it! I cant fight sober im way to nice!:smile2:

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Chin down hands up. I'd do it!

8. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So which way are you leaning toward Mr.Wisker, cause this is definitely an interesting situation.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, there's two things that you KNOW are gonna happen Paul.

Your gonna get your ass kicked.. or

Someone is gonna get their ass kicked....:smile2: rollo

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Go fer it....Get it on-RING THEM BELLS!:roll_eyes:

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You just make sure I know when and where I have to see this! Rough sport though, I trained MMA for quite a while and ended up breaking both of my hands....:eek:oooh:....Be careful Paul, I think the toughman competitions use the 16oz gloves? Better than the 4oz gloves we used!:smile2::wink:

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    1st of all im 46..im in pretty good shape for my age, but my wind has faded,:eek:oooh:..but i gota be honest with ya i have fought in 4 toughman contests years ago, and have went to the finales twice, im no dummy in the ring, and have fought some tough guys, I WOULD LIKE to give it 1 more try...its all about the money for my fishin tourneys next year.:wink: hell it wont hurt for very long :crazy: and will give me something to talk about for awhile..jan. 16 an 17 Huntington civic center

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Whoop ass!!! :)

BB in SC

14. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  15. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    well its one way to ge your sponser how well is the recooperation cause i hate being sore after working out. But i have never faught either so my outcome would not be good for being 6'0 and 235 to 245. but anyway good luck man givem hell

16. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Go for it man. I might come and watch you open a can of Whup A$$ :crazy:

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Hey Paul, If you still got that drive and attitude at 46, I say go for it. You aint gettin any younger. You may kick the s#@t outta a few 30 somethings to boot.
    Goerge Foreman won the title again at 46 wasn't it?
    Rock&Roll BOC Fight Club.

18. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    ohh id say go for it, im 46 also and for that chance id go for it, and if i won id prolly lay down the next round lol, just remember, it only hurts till the pain stops :wink:

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Paul, If you want to practice on a 185lb bad attitude BOC member for your upcoming fight, bring some gloves and I'll spend a day to help your training.
    All I ask is that you stop pummeling me when I say UNCLE.

20. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I think you need catifsh kenny in your corner and you'll be just fine.....lmao