Catfishin' Slow

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, May 21, 2009.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Barring the new record, I know the action on the river has been slow for cats. I've heard the stripers are hitting pretty good but I decided to reward my son with a day of Hooky from school for a conduct award at school. We headed down to the York for some croakers and we had a great day. He had a double before I could get my rod rigged up. Great day of fishing for a little one to keep him busy.

Just thought I would let you guys know the croakers are a biting!
    PS. We went two weeks ago and had several fish over 2lbs and one fish my dad got that was 3.5. Wopper-looked like a drum.

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congratulations on an excellent day.

3. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Take a kid fishing, Nothing like seeing the look on a childs face when they make a good catch!congrats on the excellent trip.

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think I'm going to try Croaker Landing, they have a pier there.
    later

5. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    You made some memories there, for sure! The look on your son's face says it all. Congrats to you for sharing your passion with your son...and congrats to your son for having a dad that's willing to spend the time to share the good things in life.

Well done, both of you!

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I'm booked this weekend, but do you guys think the action is still gonna be hot come next weekend? I'm dying to do a trip and that's the earliest I can go.