Catfishermen from South Louisiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Louisiana Redneck, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Louisiana Redneck

Louisiana Redneck New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I know there has to be someone that does fishing in the Baton Rouge area. I just need a little help getting started. The current is too strong on the Mississippi to fish, so I am hoping to find a small river or lake to do some fishing on. Are there any suggestions out there from local fishermen? I am a bass fisherman that want to break into the art of catfishing. Any help would be appreciated.:confused2:

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC. There is a group of brothers in the Baton Rouge area that I am sure can help you out. Look for there post and post in it and you should get a reply

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Welcome to the BOC Randy, I'm not familiar with that area but I know the Lake Charles area pretty good. The Ole Miss is a great fishing place for cats, big and small and that is the best place to anchor a boat and add some weight to your line and kick back and watch that pole bend.
    Good luck brother.

4. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Give some of these guys a holler: [URL="http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1082]Click Here[/URL] They should be able to help you out.

5. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS