Catfishermen Around Hannibal, MO?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bluecat junkie, Jul 3, 2007.

1. bluecat junkie

bluecat junkie New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the site John. You will find this site very helpful and full of people willing to pass on there knowledge regarding catfish. I just recently moved to the Hannibal area from Columbia, MO. I have fished the Missouri river for 25 years, but I still have alot to learn. I am now trying to figure the Mississippi river out. I usually try to get out on the river at least once a week. I usually put in at the dam in Saverton, but next time I am going to put in at the boat ramp in the town of Hannibal. I have heard that there is some good fishing in that area. If you want to hook up sometime and give it a try let me know and I will meet you at the boat ramp. Again, welcome and good luck chasing the river catfish.
    Scott

2. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC!

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Frist of all Welcome to the BOC.I only live 29-30 miles south of you.Should be some good fishing up aroud Saverton Dam.Just watch thoser underwater Dikes Thier hard on Props.Neighbor and I found out last year.If I remember correctly one is almost straight accross from the ramp at Saverton.Thats the one that got him.
    Again WELCOME!!

4. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    jnordyke,
    I fish Hannibal pretty often, I'm from Monroe usually put in on downtown ramp, have wanted to put in at ne power. Hows the ramp there? Do you usually fish upstream from that ramp or down. I haven't beeen above that ramp but would like to try sometimes.
    Sound like this may be the only ramp available this weekend do to everything going on in Hannibal.
    Give me a holler if you see a 20 ft roughneck with some rods hanging off the back

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Just what to say Welcome to BOC.:big_smile: