Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Floyd
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok dont get me wrong , I know that there are respectful bassfisherman out there . However I beleive that there are more disrespectful bassfisherman then respectful ones . What the hell are the matter with these guys ? They run over peoples lines pass by at 50 m.p.h. less then 50 feet away from where people are anchored . Roll right up on you and fish the area .

A catfisherman on the other hand is freindly , respectful , will share bait , offer fish to people . Personally I would not want to fish where someone is already set up and always slow down and stay a distance from an anchored boat.

I have been fishing for 40 years and can honestly say that a catfisherman is more respectful then a bassfisherman .
Sure there are idiots in both fisherman that break laws and leave , leave trash behind , etc.

Anyone else noticed the difference ?

· Registered
604 Posts
i say the same dang thing everytime i put my boat in the water. bassfisherman and playboaters. i dont see why people in playboats have to pass you 12 times when there is the rest of the lake to stay away from you

· Registered
514 Posts
I've had my share of negative encounters with bassfisherman, but more jetskiers than anything.

· Registered
906 Posts
I think a lot of it is that people automaticly think bass fishermen when they see a shiny boat (like most boats are) when it is people in general, that have no clue about respect on the water. i have had jetski's run over my planerboards, i'v had bass fishermen scream past me at 60mph while i'm anchored, i'v had catfihermen drive right over my lines just to get close enough to ask if i was doing any good and i'v had 30' sportfish boats trying to troll against the flow of boats in a small area holding salmon. not trying to stick up for any one fisherman but i think the general population of boaters need to be better educated on boating ediquite.
thats why when the weather warms up you see me on a lot more rivers, the vast majority of people on the rivers (pleasure boater and fishermen of all types) have a good deal of respect for each other.
i think it's wrong for fishermen to be bashing each other because of the species they choose to fish for, when bottom line, we are all out there for one reason and one reason only.......to catch fish!

· Registered
2,240 Posts
you don't understand these guys are special, I was fishing last fall was setup 50 foot from the bank and we had 6 lines down, two guys in a tournument were coming down the shore, when they go to about 20 foot from my lines I ask them what they were doing, and explained I had lines down and to go around, when they started to cross my lines and I explained how I would pull ancor and ram he's ass if he keep going. This is why I quit fishing bass tornuments, years ago, to many fast boat, big attitudeds, to many experts

· Registered
641 Posts
Yep, there pretty tighted lipped on sharin info.When they hit the lake alot of them go into this is my lake mode.Alot of them get pretty disrespectful.Its kinda funny to see a guy really pumped up over a 2 lb fish.Probably kill him if he got into a blue or flathead.There takin the hollywood status a little to far in my opoion.I fished a few cat tourneys alot different then bass tourneys.cat tourneys are a real great time.They could learn a few things from us.

· Registered
2,295 Posts
I really do not think it is the type fish they catch that makes them @-holes. There are always going to be that First Type ---self centered folks that, are all about themselfs and what ya can do for them and try to compete and cheat(so to speak). The have no respect for any humans and are thoughtless.
While there are the second types of folks that love to share, care, give, and educate. I prefer to be the second type.
Also with that said, I refuse to allow the first type of person to win! Meaning that if they are @holes.So be it. They want a reaction to the selfishness to fuel the fire. I in turn do not allow them to get it and change who i am and what i am about. Really po's them! LOL

· Registered
1,233 Posts
Fishing at night during the week is not to bad. On weekends I have adapted a new
tactic. I try to launch around 1030 p.m. Most local bass tournaments are over at
midnight. By 100 a.m. I have the river to my self.

· Registered
5,868 Posts
I catfish out of my bass boat and i am usually at anchor when they come steaming by, most give a wide berth , recreational boaters and jet skiers on the other hand, know not what they do.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
there are good and bad in each and every type of boater the ones you have to worry about are the ones that have had everything given to them and dont know what its like to be stuck in an old small boat or stuck on the bank usually those are the ones that think they own everything and nobody can stop them

· Banned
8,592 Posts
I think a lot of it is that people automaticly think bass fishermen when they see a shiny boat (like most boats are) when it is people in general, that have no clue about respect on the water. i have had jetski's run over my planerboards, i'v had bass fishermen scream past me at 60mph while i'm anchored, i'v had catfihermen drive right over my lines just to get close enough to ask if i was doing any good and i'v had 30' sportfish boats trying to troll against the flow of boats in a small area holding salmon. not trying to stick up for any one fisherman but i think the general population of boaters need to be better educated on boating ediquite.
thats why when the weather warms up you see me on a lot more rivers, the vast majority of people on the rivers (pleasure boater and fishermen of all types) have a good deal of respect for each other.
i think it's wrong for fishermen to be bashing each other because of the species they choose to fish for, when bottom line, we are all out there for one reason and one reason only.......to catch fish!
I think this post reveals the root of the problems of fishermen period but I'm going to add to it in a non politically correct way because I don't care who thinks what. Like it or not.

Pricks, idiots, stupid people, and Aholes are not fish specific.
They come in all flavors and they fish from land and boats.

An example that it's just not bass fishermen.
A while back I came across a catfish tournament an hour or so from getting started. Folks standing around boats talking.

I just pulled in to check it out. I knew who they were and wanted to see what they were all about. maybe meet some BOC members. Got out and walked around. Said hello to several of them.
Never seen a bigger bunch of assholes on dry land in my life. Not one of the bunch promoted what they were doing to me. Nobody told me about the BOC.
I left and not a word followed like, see ya around or come back and fish with us.
I've had better reception from folks I didn't like.
Yea, it's a group on the BOC too.

The little specie war, bass vs. catfish is stupid. It aint got a damn thing to do with the fish being fished for. It's grade school stupid s%$#

· Registered
10,863 Posts
makes me laugh. I've commercial fished, meat fished for the freezer, bass fished and just about any other kind of fishin i got the chance. Been a member of several bass clubs and never once did i hear of catfishing clubs gettin bashed by the bassholes as they are referred to on this forum. Like others have stated theres good and bad regardless of the species.Respect is the bottom line, either ya have it or ya don't. Bashing is just a :bomb: waiting to go off.

· Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I think this post reveals the root of the problems of fishermen period but I'm going to add to it in a non politically correct way because I don't care who thinks what. Like it or not.

Pricks, idiots, stupid people, and Aholes are not fish specific.
They come in all flavors and they fish from land and boats.

An example that it's just not bass fishermen.
A while back I came across a catfish tournament an hour or so from getting started. Folks standing around boats talking.

I just pulled in to check it out. I knew who they were and wanted to see what they were all about. maybe meet some BOC members. Got out and walked around. Said hello to several of them.
Never seen a bigger bunch of assholes on dry land in my life. Not one of the bunch promoted what they were doing to me. Nobody told me about the BOC.
I left and not a word followed like, see ya around or come back and fish with us.
I've had better reception from folks I didn't like.
Yea, it's a group on the BOC too.

The little specie war, bass vs. catfish is stupid. It aint got a damn thing to do with the fish being fished for. It's grade school stupid s%$#
At the risk of being policitally incorrect also.....maybe it was your attitude that made them seem less then friendly? Hear me out before getting offended. Just saying hello to someone does not indicate you wish to engage in a meaningful conversation, it requires more than that. Showing real interest, being openly friendly and letting the other person take the lead. I've had many people say hello to me and their body language was saying " I really don't want to talk to you". I have never meet you before so I can't say this is what happened, but it is a possibility.

· Banned
8,592 Posts
At the risk of being policitally incorrect also.....maybe it was your attitude that made them seem less then friendly? Hear me out before getting offended. Just saying hello to someone does not indicate you wish to engage in a meaningful conversation, it requires more than that. Showing real interest, being openly friendly and letting the other person take the lead. I've had many people say hello to me and their body language was saying " I really don't want to talk to you". I have never meet you before so I can't say this is what happened, but it is a possibility.
Give me a break.
I'm a grown a man and not a stupid one.
My attitude was that I walked up to see what was going on. The only ONE that walked up to see what was going on.
Tournament director was standing right there.
No , "hey, you know about the BOC?"

Buncha self consumed pricks.

· Banned
8,592 Posts
Maybe they thought you were a bass fisherman.lol:smile-big:
No, it's a case of catfishing pricks.
They exist along with pricks that fish for everything else.

Like I said, the catfish vs. bass thing is stupid s$#@t.
Too stupid for grown ups to be participating in.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.