Catfisherman Please Help Me!!!!

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by field989, Jul 26, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok i always pre tie my leaders...

hook, mono leader, and a swivel.... this cuts my down time which i hate spending 15min gettin my line ready to use i would just rather have it pretied and ready to go

now here is the problem

i need to store my leaders somehow...

the box i store them in now if it tilts they all go to one side and get all tangled and what not

SO BOC PLEASE HELP

Jeff

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
  3. Hey that helps more than just one person, I never saw that post before, so thanks for bringing that one up.

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I just coil my leaders and put them in a small compartment each. Then when i need one, no problems.

5. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    a cheap and simple way that works for me is to get a short piece of styrofoam say 2 x 2 x 6" and dig the hook in, wrap the leader around block till you can stick the swivel into the foam.

egg

6. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Like Eggman, I use the styrofoam only I don't tie the swivel on the leader, just leader with a loop in one end and hook which I stick in the end of the foam then wrap the leader around an make a little slot in the foam to hold the leader. You can make the foam block as big as you need for however many leaders you want and it also works out nicely if it gets dropped or blown overboard.

7. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    man i seen a good freind of mine use a round peace of stirofoam. and just make aseriese of 1/4 inch cut around the foam and then just wrap them in the cuts

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I use a soft sided CD/DVD case. It has plastic inserts in it to store Cd's, I just coil up my leaders and place one in each insert. It is small and has a zipper to close up and the hole thing will fit in my tackle box easily. I think it holds around 16 but I'm sure you can get them as big as you like. Works Great....

9. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Mosat craft stores have small zip-lock bags. I use a 2 inch by 3 inch one for my leaders. Seems like I got 100 for a couple of buck.

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I also do mine like paleocaver, I use the 2x3 inch baggies then I put them into a quart size baggie. I do this for each different size or kind of hooks, then I just grab the quart bag with the hooks I want to use.

11. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Plastic Sandwich bags

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

13. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    I use a small altoids candy tin for mine; work great with hooks also.

14. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey

15. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I use scotch tape on each one ,works well.

16. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota