Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by CWGIBSON, Apr 19, 2007.

1. CWGIBSON

CWGIBSON New Member

State:
    okla
    I understand that on lakes windy points and shore are good for cats, but what I was wondering is if it is the same for ponds? Are wind blow points and shore good in ponds?

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I have found that wind blown side that are shallow are very productive. I have also noticed that wind blown area's tend to be better after 2-3 days of good steady "Oklahoma" wind. Another thing I have been noticed. And really made note of it early this year; is if a Low Pressure front is coming through (first day of the pressure shift). There tend to be more turtles active in the small lake/pond on the wind blown shoreline. That is an entire different subject.... But yes.. I believe that wind blown areas on ponds are productive. And If no wind is around I like to put my bait in the deepest area of the pond.

Dave

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i went out today on the lake, with the wind blowing towards the opposit side of the lake and did pretty good all the bait was holding on the opposite side of the wind, so i wouldn't hold that, where the wind blows to a point at a always must do thing, just watch your locater it tells you

4. CWGIBSON

CWGIBSON New Member

State:
    okla
    Thank you, I think that is helpful.