Catfish Wednesday

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ohio hilljack, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    WILL BE GOING TO PAINT CREEK TOMORROW NIGHT GOT A WHOLE BOAT FULL THIS TIME SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET SOME FOR US VS THEM TOMORROW NIGHT.

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    good luck willie tearem up, looks like us ohio guys need a good run

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    How on earth did you manage to fill the catfish barge with people??? Good luck, I think you will get a 10 plus pounder this time!!:wink:

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Good Luck Willie.

5. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Go Get 'em Willie and crew! No doubt in my mind we're gonna pull this thing out! Bring home some bigguns!

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wish ya the best of luck. The full moon is sorta hanging out now. I caught one nice flat last nice an that was one of two good runs I had. Wasn't to sure that the cats were in a bad mood with the fully out lol.

7. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I THINK WITH THE RAIN MOVING IN TONIGHT IT IS GOING TO WORK OUT GREAT .WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET SOME EXTRA POLES IN THE WATER WITH FIVE PEOPLE IN THE BOAT . HOPEFULLY THAT IS GOING TO EQUATE TO A LOT MORE FISH..

8. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am excited to hear how it went!

9. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    NEVER WENT AS EXPECTED. DREWS BUDDIES BAILED SO WE FISHED ALONE. PROBABLY FOR THE BEST BECAUSE THE BITE WAS SLOW. CAUGHT FOURTEEN THE BIGGEST WAS 7 POUNDS 2 OUNCES, WERE NOT ANY SMALL ONES OTHERS WERE ALL OVER 3 POUNDS. GUESS MAYBE THE MOON HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT BUT COULD NOT TELL YOU FOR SURE.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish anyways

11. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    WEDNESDAY IS HERE AGAIN ,FINALLY. LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE PROMISES FOR A BOATFUL AGAIN TONIGHT, WE WILL SEE HOW THAT WORKS OUT. PRETTY CHILLY AT NIGHT BUT THE WATER TEMP IS STILL UP ENOUGH THAT WE SHOULD HOOK INTO SOME. GOING TO PAINT CREEK ,AFTER LAST FRIDAY NIGHT I'M HAVING TROUBLE CONVINCING MY PARTNER DREW TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE. WE ARE WANTING TO FILL THE BOAT UP WITH SOME CHANNELS FOR THEM VS US. GIVE A REPORT IN THE MORNING.

12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    We are all anxiously waiting to see how it went.

13. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    WEDNESDAY'S ARE GETTING CHILLY. THE BITE WAS A LITTLE SLOW BUT THE FISH WERE BITING. GOT IN ABOUT 5 30 NO PROBLEM GETTING GREAT BAIT AND HAD POLES IN THE WATER BY 6. TRIED SOME NEW WATER ON OUR FIRST PASS. FISHED A SHALLOW POINT GOING INTO DEEPER WATER TO TIE THE FISH TO A DEPTH. HIT OUR FIRST FISH AT 18 FEET OF WATER, SEEMED STRANGE AS WE HAVE BEEN HITTING FISH IN 10 TO 14 FEET OF WATER. FOLLOWED A LEDGE AROUND THE POINT STAYING BETWEEN 18 TO 20 FEET HIT TWO MORE WITH NO SIZE. DEPTH BUMPED UP TO 24 FEET FOR ABOUT TWO HUNDRED YARDS HIT NO FISH. RAN INTO A SLIGHTLY SHALLOWER STRETCH WHERE WE HIT WATER THAT WAS A LITTLE LESS THAN 18 FEET AND IT WAS LIKE A GOLD MINE .PULLED OUT SIX NICE FISH REAL QUICK. RAN THROUGH UP INTO WATER THAT WAS ABOUT 12 FEET AND CAUGHT ONE FISH IN THE NEXT HOUR. IT WAS THE NICEST FISH OF THE NIGHT AT 8 POUNDS 6 OUNCES ,ONLY FISH OVER SIX ALL NIGHT. CONVINCED THE FISH HAD MOVED TO DEEPER WATER WE SPENT THE REST OF THE NIGHT FOLLOWING THE 16 TO 19 FOOT MARK AROUND THE LAKE SPORADIC ACTION THAT NEVER REALLY DIED BUT NEVER GOT TOO EXCITING. WATER TEMPS WERE RIGHT AROUND 57 DEGREE'S AND HAVE THE FISH ,INCLUDING BAIT FISH HUNTING FOR SOME WARMER WATER AT A DEEPER DEPTH. WHOLE SHAD IN THE THREE INCH RANGE SEEMED TO BE THE BAIT OF THE EVENING ,BEATING CUT SHAD TWO TO ONE. ALL FISH ACTUALLY CAME MORE READILY TO POLES FISHED CLOSE TO BOAT WAKE FIRST TIME WE HAVE SEEN THIS ALL YEAR. WIND WAS NOT TOO HEAVY ABOUT TEN MILES PER HOUR BUT IT SEEMED MUCH WORSE WITH THE COLD. I'M THINKING IT IS TIME TO CLOSE THE BOAT IN AND FIRE UP A HEATER. AS USUAL ALL FISH WERE CAUGHT ON CIRCLES, DRIFTING.

14. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you still caught some good fish. Are you fishing the tourney tonight?? Good luck to you, I know you will be out there somewhere wetting the lines