Catfish Tournaments in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tackleman, Oct 23, 2005.

1. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Would any of you be interested in fishing some tournaments in Kansas?

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    sounds fun. if the time was right depending on the details Id be interested.

3. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    The prelimanary dates I've sent the state are the 2nd weekend of the month on a Sat March thru August. Looking at having tournies at Melvern, Millford, Perry, Hillsdale, Spring River and the Mined Land Area. I would like to have one on the Kaw.

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    You should also do a flathead tourney at Olathe Lake in mid August

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I was telling a buddy that we should at least fish a couple of cat tourneys this next season so count me in

6. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    You guys should check out our ACATS site the link is below my name. We have some exciting things going on in 2006. The 2006 Classic is going to have the largest pay out in Catfish Tournament history. 2006 will be ACATS first year to have tournaments in Kansas. It sure would be nice to see a team from Kansas win the Classic. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll give you my phone #.
    Steve
    (tackleman)

7. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I would join in but would not be able to fish until fall of 06.

Chris

8. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Chris Glad to here your coming home. I'd like to try and fish the river with you sometime. I schedule the last tournament in August because of the classic in September. We could see about a get together when you get back home.

9. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Steve
    I would be more then happy to take you down there! I always use goldfish on that river, I would like to get out on a boat and set some limb lines and trotlines baited with some large bluegill.

chris

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Steve, other than Kaw point I would think a Kansas river tournement would be very hard, water just get's to shallow and you'd have no way to tell if the water would be up or down on your scheduled date. Not saying it can't be done, but those old boy's better be ready to dragthe boat and polish the prop. If your interested I'd be willing to take you out on the river from any of the ramps from Cedar creek to Lecompton next spring(duck season is here and the boat blind is on). Charlie

11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Steve, My buudy and I will be joining acats after the first of the year see you at those tourneys!!!!

12. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    Thanks Brad looking forward to meeting you. I should get the schedule posted in the sponser section this weekend

13. kansascatman

kansascatman New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kansas
    Just keep us informed so we can join up!I have a buddy from work that is also interested.

14. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ya get that schedule up there so i can come and show you how to fish :D
    maybe get nathan king to come along and show him up at same time ;)

15. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    The Spring river is 15 miles from my house...the mined land wildlife area...10 miles. I don't know any honey holes....HONEST! :0a10:
    I'm definately interested. PM me with more info when you have it.

16. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    The Kansas ACATS schedule is posted in the ACATS folder in the sponsers section. If you have any questions or input post them or pm me.