Catfish tight line PM me

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by dakid, Aug 24, 2006.

1. dakid

dakid New Member

State:
    Palos Hills Illinois
    i know this might sound dumb :dribble: but im new to catfishing and i just wanna know how do i make my line real tight so that when a catfish take the bait i can detect the bite i have seen people doing it but i never could seem to do it. if some one could help me at with some tips it would be realy helpful and i also need to learn how to fish with chicken livers thanks alot:wink

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Johnny that is what these posts are for. First before we can help you we need to know what kind of reel you have and whether your fishing current or not.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Weather in a current sittuation (like a river or stream) or in a still place (like a lake or pond), Weight is the key to tightlining. The heavier the current the more weight you will need.
    I use weights as heavy as 8oz most of the time in the Ohio River sometimes more when she is raging.
    In a lake setting I never use less than 3 ozs to hold my bait.

I hope this helps!!!

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    And some times in a boat with shifting winds, it is impossible unless you want to spend all your time adjusting the reel.:smile2:

5. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    well alot of times if your in the river fishing it dont matter if the line is tight or not.if you get one to bite most of the time he's going to tighten the line for you,so if you cant keep it tight dont worry that big ol hog will tighten that baby right up....lol....and for the chicken liver part i cant help,i dont fish with it....

6. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I second that, use a lot of weight!

For chicken livers, put on a hook and toss into the water. Wait for bite....

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I only use enough weight to keep it on the bottom Tip I learned trout Fishing on the white river when drifting useing a tight Light only use enough line weight to keep your bait down and you want get hung if you fish down stream You want to keep your boat and line at the same speed:cool2: