Catfish Tackle Organization

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by BIG GEORGE, Jan 23, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Had a session in the chat room about tackle organization. I figured that starting this thread would clear a lot of things up and maybe spark some ideas or changes in the way everyone carrys and organizes their gear. I gave up on the tackle box a long time ago. Got sick of the mess and the fact that I was totein around alot of gear I never used. Evaluated what I fished with on a regular basis and here is what I came up with. It works for me and I just felt like sharein it.

[​IMG]

A simple bag that can be found in Walmart. There are plenty to choose from,it all depends on what you like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contents of the bag. Like I said,evaluate and eliminate. You know what ya use on a regular basis. Everything else is just baggage. Everything I need for successfull cattin is there. All I need is the fish to cooperate. LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This bag is the key. I take the time dureing the winter to snell up a couple of hundred hooks. I then put each hook in an individual small zip lock bag. The hooks are then placed in the larger binder bags by size and type of hook. I then label the bags to show the contents. There is also a binder bag for swivels and beads,floats that I use on my leaders to keep the bait up off the bottom,and glow stics that I sometimes use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tackle organization is also important for hauling your gear. Here is a couple of shots of the back of my truck.

[​IMG]

These tubs are mounted in my boat. They are water tite and provide a good place for all that gear ya don't wanna have to carry around all the time. In them I keep,my lantern,life vests,dry warm clothes,first aid kit,tools and spare parts for quick repairs if trouble occurs,flares,toilet paper,batterys for the head lamps and air pump, and one of them even has my main battery,buss bar, and fuel tank in it. All tucked away and out of the way.

Like anything ya do,if ya want it to work ya gotta have discipline. Put it back when ya are done with it. A place for everything and everything in its place. LOL! The dividends will pay off each time ya go fishin! LOL! Like I said,this works for me and it sure isn't gospel. Use some of these ideas, or change it up to fit your needs. Hope its usefull for ya'll!