Catfish tackle box

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Phil Washburn, May 28, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    where is a tackle box made for the catfisherman? i don't need a place to store 200 bass worms, nor a place for 50 lures. i need a box that can handle sinkers, hooks, slip floats from Gene, and such. what do you folks use? right now my best bet is a tote i got from shakespeare with an ugly stik. it is ok, but not real secure.

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i use a few tackle trays. i have one with a bunch of different stuff that i can just pick up and go. then i have a bag that i have all my stuff for a night or twos fishing that i can pick up and head to the lake or river on a moments notice. minus the food and drinks.
    in total i probably have 4 trays in the one bag. just a regular duffel bag ("Cat" bag) as some call it. hope this helps.

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Actually i dont use tackle boxes, i use those soft tackle bags and just put in what rubbermaid divider boxes i need and they have plenty of pockts to store other equipment and some are even pretty water proof. I have a no name brand one and a Flambeau tackle bag system model az7.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I LIKE MY WORM BAG, CARRY MADE UP LEADERS,FLOATS,HOOKS,WEIGHTS,SWIVELS,AND ANY I MIGHT NEED, WORM BAGS COME IN SEVERAL SIZES, HOPE THIS HELPS

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I use a soft sided bag myself. I have one plano with weights, hooks, swivels and beads. Under the lid is a zipper with all my pre-tied leaders. Still got plenty of room for bait knife, sunscreen, bug spray "deet" and attractants, ever notice if you break this word in 2 ya get attract ants, and it does if you spill it. :eek:oooh:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i have a $10 flambeau outdoors box. those lure spots. hold circles just fine:wink:

million hooks swivels bells batteries floats ect. just get a big en and use your immagination.

i also have a big soft uglystick bag full of the plastic toats too. but i cant show ya that. its full of worms and lures.:smile2:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    we hit a time warp,:eek:oooh: lmao.

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i fish out of my boat. i use the plastic coffee cans. i have a big one for my sinkers and a few of the little ones for my hooks and small items. with the snap on lids they are water proof and small unufe to fit in the storage compartments on the boat. well it works great for me.

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Good thread idea, I was going to start one on this topic but here it is. Thanks. I use a backpack. I use to use one of those soft bags with the one side strap. I didnt like it because it kept fallin off and wasnt balanced. I bought a 10 dollar backpack to use and I love it. Some of my spots require some walking and with the backpack I hardly notice its there. Its out of sight and out of mind.I also like the storage it has. It allows me to be organized, as much as possible. In it I have the "main" box that has my hooks and sinkers, two smaller boxes that have small hooks and floats for bait and small cats, a scale, pliers,shower radio for storms,emergency ponchos,glowsticks,watertight box for camera, sunscreen, scent removing soap,fillet knife, rags, small first aid kit and even an extra pair of socks. I can also fit a throw net, rod holders, stringer and snacks/drinks in it. I love it and will probably never use anything else.Id rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.LOL

Attached Files:

10. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use a plain 5 gallon bucket with my weights in the bottom and a tackle try for my hooks.Good for a seat when bank fishing and has room for flash light a couple drinks,fish scale when you catch the big one.

11. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I am sick of cramped up tackle boxes made for Bass fisherman so I am getting a real box this weekend.and with some doctoring it might even double as a rod carrier too

Well I looked for a pic online but couldnt find any.

Its a toolbox by craftsman that has a coolapsible handle and wheels.It should hold all my crap no prob :confused2:

12. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Has anyone found a hard box, that doesn't leak when rain on.? seems its usualy
    around handles, not real fond of soft boxes & trays, May try a hip roof type .
    Jim

13. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Another vote for backpack tackle box. I keep 3 plastic Plano worm boxes in it with my weights, floats, hooks and what ever else I think I might need. The back pack just made sense to me. I can keep the pack light and keep extra weights back in the truck just in case. Everything is organized now.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

is this what you're talking about, Jerry? when you get it take a couple of pics for us.

15. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Catfishing is a hard but easy way to fish. Throw the boxes out the window I use tackle bags and some time just a bucket.

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    My tackle box is 24 ft long, 96" wide and does about 50mph...

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I use the old military ammo cans. The 5.56 can will hold all of my tackle, along with a pair of kat bobbers. I use the 7.62mm cans for my lead. They are super strong, water tight, and virtrually indestructable.:wink:

18. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    That is a great idea. I couldn't help but notice that the bag is camo....sneak into some of those fishing spots, do ya?LOL:smile2:

19. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I to use a backpack. With plastic plano boxes for hook, I put my weights by size on a piece of wire and twist the ends. I added some velcro to my backpack to carry my net. I also carry a 5 gallon bucket when I am fishing below tail races, where I keep my throw net and my PVC pipe and tape (cheap but effective rod holders). This frees up the hands a bit, and you hardly are aware of it on your back.

20. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Phil......I solved that issue with brain-power:005: see!!!!:tounge_out: What i did was i bought a camo tote bag medium size it has zipper compartments on all 4 sides plus the top opens up & i bought 4 plastic trays that fit down in it...you can pay 30-40 bucks for a bag ready to go from academys or where ever or make your own for a lot less & customize it to carry what ever... I went to the bags cause they dont open accidentially:tounge_out: spill all your @#$! everywhere, they dont brek if ya drop it....and ya can spray it with silicone a couple of times & water proof it:wink: