Catfish stocked in Lake Atkins!!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by TOPS, Oct 27, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
    Our Fisheries Division stocked 2,300 yearling blue catfish (8 inches long) on September 28; 1,131 catchable channel catfish (3/4 to 1 pound) at Bell Chapel Ramp on June 22; and 1,125 catchable channel catfish on August 25 at North Ramp.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The Juggers and trot lines are already after them!!

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    better get your jugs out there then:smile2:

4. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    They have stocked a huge amount of lakes in Arkansas lately. I love it that the AGFC posts when they stock and what lakes but then again when they do we have seen folks pile in on small ponds and take cooler of small cats out (More that they are supposed to) So Sometimes i wish they would be a bit more thin on what they tell folk. One of my favorite places to fish , got hit in just this way.....

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I agree with puppy. I think sometimes they need to keep it kinda quiet for a while and let the fish grow. I see this all the time. They stock it and then no cpr is practiced and it is fished out before you know it.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Has anyone heard if the shad are in at Atkins.

7. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    How can you report those who clearly violate daily limits? This is a troubling issue fishing the city ponds with my kids. They leave with upwards to 25 catfish or the same amount of trout & the kids may get 1 or 2. How do you show your kids what fishing is about with this hapening? :angry: