Catfish stalker floats

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by bluehunter, Dec 23, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I just received some stalker floats that I ordered and was just wondering if anyone has used them. I ordered the 5 ounce one. I am building up my arsenal of slip bobbers and thought that the stalker would make a great addition. It looks like it can do the job. Has anyone had success with it?

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Haven't seen those. That would be a great screen name. Where did you get them? I'm using some big floats sold under the Southbend name. I've some that are 8" and 6" unweighted that lay on the side until the catfish takes them, sort of flagging jug style. I've also some in 7" length that are weighted. The side floaters are fun to watch, but both do the job.

3. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i bought one last summer used ot for about two hours, and in he fire it went. i presonally didnt like em. to big and bulky, and personally, i threw quite a bit of bit off using them as well. because they are somewhat heavy. but to each there own and i hope they serve you well.

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    They are bulky thats for sure. I do not know how that will cast. I have some premiers at 8, 10, and 12 inche bottlenecks since I like to throw big baits and they cast well and far for me. I will have to test and see how the stalker casts. Here is a pic for those who have not seen them. I have heard some praises about them but nothing like getting info from fisherman themselves about a product.

Attached Files:

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Oh I got them from the catfish connection but they also have them at cabelas and bass pro shops.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Why not try some of the cat bobbers that one of our own members and"sponsers" has to offer. These things are great!!!
    Here is a link to his sight: http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/
    I am sure that Gene will be glad to take care of your needs!!!

7. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    i bet them bobbers are pain in the hindend to cast.

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    They do look interesting. I am always up to try something new. I may look into them later.

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    With the big rods, 10-12 footers, they shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'm used to 6-8 oz of sand spike and big baits for fishing the surf or from piers.

10. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I've got a couple of the 4 oz stalker bobbers and don't care for their quality -- the tube through the middle that you slip your line through came loose on both of the bobbers and almost slid out of them. I don't have much use for a giant slip bobber like that though - just bought them to tinker with.

11. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh

I wouldnt knock em till you try em. im getting some after christmas i think theyll work great just my opinion though.

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I was wondering about that tube you was talking about. It do look kind of odd and I would hate for that to come loose as the bobber will pretty much be useless if that happens. I brought them to play with as well. Just another addition to the floats I am gathering. I can say however that the premiers I have are satisfactory at this time, but I am the type of guy that likes to throw different looks at times if you know what i mean.

13. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i use the katbobbers from gene and they work great and cast very easily try em out

14. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

i use the gamakatsu night flyer large from catfish connection they hold up great and they are the brightest float you will ever use

15. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    thanks for sharing those bluehunter. May have to get some of them.

16. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I also have them in 4 and 5 oz. In area's where I know there is alot of snags on the bottom, I will suspend my bait to keep it from hanging up. Caught my personal best, 35 lb. flathead on a float rig. I had the same problem with the inside tube coming loose. I fixed it with some super glue, have'nt had the problem since then.

17. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    They look like they would work to me. Just have to get them out and try them. I also like the katbobbers that were put up on this thread too. May just have to get me a few of them. Fishing with a slip bobber is a favorite way to fish for me.

Wheelmobile07

18. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Although I don't fish with bobbers very much, I have been using them for about a year now. I like them, and anytime that I am suspending bait (especially live bait) I will use them. I especially like how they are rated for various weights. If I'm fishing a big gill in heavy cover, I like using heavy weights to keep it under control. These floats are perfectly suited for that. Althouh I have only used them in a boat and have not attempted any long casts, I also think they cast well. The only draw back is that they are too expensive. In a lake I can retreive them, but I would be a little more hesitant in using them in a river or for bank fishing because I might not be able to recover a lost float.