Catfish spawn

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigblaze, Jun 12, 2007.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
  2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER,THE FLATTIES WENT INTO SPAWN MODE LAST WEEK AROUND HERE BUT THEY'RE COMING OUT OF IT .

3. hossdaniels

hossdaniels New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the article, haven't seen much spawn information availabe.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for sharing,it was a very interesting read.I also enjoyed the article " Ten tips for catching more catfish" It too was very enlightening! Reps for sharing.:big_smile:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Funny you mention that. I was doing some more research on that today. What were your water temps at last night???

Lake Wylie was around 75-77 degress at sunrise Saturday and rose through noon when I left. I would bet that by mid-week it will be well into the 80's. Water temps hit 75 degrees on Wylie around 2-3 weeks earlier than they did last year. Last year there was a drop-off in the channel bite when the waters hit the 75-78 degree range.

6. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Very interesting read! Thanks for sharing

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    the night we were fishing it was in the upper 70's if I remember correctly...we were trying to catch bait in one cove and the water was pi** warm almost hot...but that was just in that shallow cove sort of like an oxbow lake...

but the good news is the guys I was fishing with went again this past weekend and had a good trip...

either one of two things happened....the spawn is over in that river or i just brought them bad luck...:tounge_out: