Catfish softplastics

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by cat4life, Aug 17, 2005.

1. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Has anyone heard of or used the rubber catfish baits. I have only seen them in a magizine, and I was wondering if they worked. I don't know if they are made out of rubber or some other composite material. If you have more information on these please let me know. Thanks

2. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    wat mag where you reading cause i only rubber baits iv seen is tubes and so

3. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    it was Catfish Insider, It was an add. Brian says that the brand was Food Source or something like that. Not sure if thats correct.

4. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    are u sure u didnt see an add for dipworms? for dip bait? thats the only thing i could think of :confused:

5. Ralph in MO

Ralph in MO New Member

I have caught a 3 lb. channel on plastic in a small 3 acre lake. It was on a Strike King 3X Craw in Junebug color. As most of you probably know, they are very stretchy, have lots of salt and garlic flavor in them. I was bass fishing and had a small bullet sinker pegged at the head. Since this plastic floats very well, it stands straight up off the bottom. Perhaps the garlic, salt, or just some slight movement of the craw (or a combination) caused the bite. Anyone ever tried the product on trot lines? They certainly are durable.

Ralph

6. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I just found the ad in my catfish insider. There are lures made especially for catfish. It doesn't say plastic, it says made of 100% fish food. You can buy fake shad, grubs, caterpillars, and several other designs.
    You Can PM me for the Web Site

7. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Thanks sean, I couldnt find the site because I dont have the magizine. Its Brians. That will help me understand more about it. I thought it was made of something different than plastic. HAs anyone caught anything on that bait? Now that we know what it is.

8. lunkerman

lunkerman New Member

State:
    St. Peters
    I've caught an 8 pounder and 10 pounder on chompers. That was in a farm pond though.

9. cat4life

cat4life New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    What is chompers?

10. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Chompers is a brand of plastics.(like zoom, powerbait, yammamoto). I think they used to be called table rock bait co.

11. Jagal

Jagal New Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I've actually caught a few catfish using powerbait worms with a texas rig. it surprised the hell out of me but it seems to work, and when they hit they take off like a bat out of hell.

12. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    i have heard of people catching big cats of pig and jigs.

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I sometimes rig my skips gut pocket with the red gulp worms. The worm help hold the gut pocket on the hook. :D

14. crazy_crappie88

crazy_crappie88 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Al
    Ive heard alot about plastic cat baits but never got around to using one before.I might try that sometime.Wish I could help more.

15. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I have caught 2 cats on plastics while b@$$ fishing. One this year on an eight inch plastic worm and the other two years ago. I have also read a lot about picking up cats that are suspended by throwing crankbaits and other such lures.

Now I wouldn't tade my cut bait or my dip baits in fo rplastics, but it is possible.

-brian

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have caught channel cats on plastic worms, crankbaits,spinner baits, even a top water popper while bass fishing. actualy on one lake that i fish its almost common place, bet I caught 10 cats while bass fishing this lake over the season. but its also got a very good population of channel cats, big ones too, ya don't even raise the eye brows of the locals untill ya catch one in the teens

17. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    Never tried plastic baits, but I have caught flatheads on rattle-traps.