Catfish soap bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by lklutts, Feb 5, 2007.

1. lklutts

lklutts New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Has anybody used the catfish soap bait? I could not catch any shad or mullet, so I used some redneck catfish soap bait. I will give it a couple of days and try it. I fish in south louisiana, by Morgan City.
    Len

2. old poot

old poot New Member

State:
    La.
    Have used the same bait,caught 1 fish best use that i have found for that bait is to use it to wash your hands, smells good.:lol:

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    welcome to the BOC! Usually the soap bite is a little slow seems to take the fish longer to find it. JMO

4. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    I have not been able to fish for a long time, but I do have a large cointainer of Clark soap bait with added Anise oil, and I also made some of the Ivory soap and ckicken liver bait that is posted on this site. I will try them out on 30 jugs that I have made near my home Lake of Des Allemands. Hopefully my next weekend off.

5. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Todd,
    If you look at the La Fisheries website, they say Des Allemands should be one of the top cat fisheries in the country. I really don't hear too much about it. I tried fishing their once but didn't do too well, of course I didn't know where to go either. I recall seeing lots of trot lines. How is it for Rod and Reel fishing?

6. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    same here, I am trying use ivory soap this year. I heard they use it for trotline... I will try put it on trotline..

7. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    Well, Lake Des Allemands is very heavily commercially fished. So what ever you catch is not going to be big. I would say under 5 lbs. For Rod and reel, lots of small eater size fish. I have found and untapped resource for catfishing with lots a big fish, and that is Bayou Lafourche in Thibodaux. I have fish there twice and hooked into 3 big fish that pulled off my hook and alot of people throw their scrap food in the Bayou.