Catfish senses - Anyone have any details?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by beaneye46, Apr 17, 2006.

1. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    does anyone know the details on catfish senses. because i swear that a big flathead will drop the bait if he hears something making noise on land. the other day i had one run on my bait clicker, and when i took off the get it i stepped on and broke some sticks, as soon as i did that i heard a big splash and it let go of the bait fish.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I assume youre fishing in fairly small body of water like small river or pond. If you are they can be sensitive to sudden sounds or movements.I used to feed channel cats in my pond and they would freak out if somebody just coughed or moved their hand to fast or anything like that.But you may have had anotherproblem the fish may have realized something wouldnt right if it splashed on the surface it could have been gar their bad about taking bait up to the top and swimming around with, they also bite alot like a flathead too.

3. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wow thats some crazy shit

4. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    I thought that was Jaws.. Ah well, what's the difference? :D

5. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Belive it or not. think about your ear drums and how you hear. a catfishes blader acts as the same way. and transfer it to there brain.

Another good tip pescador. we are not let cus here cause there are also small kids. not being rude just letting you know.