Catfish scares tourists!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dgde4x4man, Sep 13, 2006.

1. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
  2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i hate ducks , need one of them in my pond lol

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, need to get a few of those for the felines in the area. LMAO

4. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Thats the fish I need to catch at Wewa...LOL. truck and boat would be mine.

5. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL, could you imagine using a duck for bait?

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Now Thats A Catfish !! I Guess Those Ducks Were A Tasty Treat Lol

7. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
  8. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    What on earth do you DO with a fish THAT BIG??????
    Lisa

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thats one of the greatest things ever. i need one like that!

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Looks like A wells catfish. Common in U.K. They get Huge but not as big as the Mekong catfish though!

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Does look like a wells cat. LMAO, I cant see using a duck as bait :lol: That is a nice fish though, but really scaring the tourist! Thats funny.

When I was a kid my Dad use to take us to a local lake to swim, it was nice and was deep too. Divers went down and a while later they came back up. My brother and I never paid any attention to them, they were always out there. One diver came over and was talking to my Dad, said that my Dad oughta be leary of letting us swim in the lake, said there was some HUGE catfish down there. One lady diver said she'd never go back down there again. Unfortunately, the lake now is privately owned. Was some nice fishing there too. Though never any ducks or ganders went missing. Hated those things, they always chased us.

12. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    So much for the ones on here that believe that Wells Cats eat no meat.If they will eat a duck or dog,I see no reason to trust them with a small child.peewee-williams

13. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    not at all discrediting your post rebelgrl but that catfish story about divers in the lake being scared of huge catfish is a story that I hear at every lake I have ever been to. Its always "big as a voltswagen" or "they tried to catch it with a two truck hook and it broke the wench" or something rediculous along those lines. best I can figure either a big cat (maybe 50 lb) looks really huge and scary when you are face to face with it in the water, or thats just a urban legend that goes around. At least in the US... (Wells and Meikong being the only exceptions, located in UK, Thailand etc.)

14. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    thanks for the post. i just heard about this catfish on paul harvey today and tried findin info on it on the web to no avail.
    just wonder how much it weighed? looks kinda long n skinny compared to our cats.

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    WHAT A FISH!!! Just once I would love to catch something like that,it would wear me out but it would be a good worn out! pk powell:beated:

16. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Well the divers never compared the catfish to a car :roll_eyes: and neither did I. Wasnt exgerating the story either, just telling like it was. Thanks for the heads up though, I wont tell any more stories and stick to the subject from now on. :0a14:

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Put 100 channels in one of my ponds this morning. It will be a little while before they are that big. WORLD RECORD CHANNEL CAUGHT OUT OF FARM POND HA-ha

18. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    part of fishing is telling stories.if we didnt tell the stories about are fishing trips we would have a pretty lame website would'nt we. so dont worry about one guys comments and keep telling your stories

19. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Now,now Amy! You just keep on telling it like it is.I would not expect you to hear the above stories unless you hang out with the druggies and the drunks trying to impress themselves and each other.Now this is just a personal opinion of a 61 year old man who has spent a lot of his life around large lakes.The people that I notice "partake" are the ones that I noticed tell such tales.The non "partakers"seem to tell the type that you told.It is all in what you were exposed to.Now you and Irish have each been exposed to the stories of the other.peewee-williams.

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Keep on telling your stories don't let one persons remark keep you telling one. I have seen very large catfish in my time and have no shame in saying so.