Catfish Safari Vs. Team Catfish

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tulsa_adams, Jul 1, 2009.

1. tulsa_adams

tulsa_adams New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Help me out guys,I'm buying new rods,and I cant decide between Catfish Safari and Team Catfish,I've heard good things about both.Need some opions.
    Thanks

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I don't own either, nor have I handled either of them. Based on their respective websites and the info I've read elsewhere, if I was going to buy one of them, I'd go with the Catfish Safari rods. The cost is about the same, but the Safari rods seem much nicer. More for your money, IMO.

3. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    i have one safari and it is incredibly balanced and feels great!! Not sure about team catfish but they are $99 plus shipping im assuming?? Te cat safari are $79 plus $28 shipping. Im sure they are both great rods so just go with the ones you like best! if i could afford it i would sell my 3 big water uglies and replace them with the safari rods! THEY ARE SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT also compared to my uglies!

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've got the Safari Flathead and the Team 3/4 ton and each has features which I personally like. The Safari is an 8 footer with backbone to spare and great for distance casting while the Team is 7 1/2 feet with a trigger which most of my rods are and is a little easier to handle from the boat. Both are paired with the Abu 7000 Pro Rockets and I chase the big ones with confidence with both. Either way you choose, I think you'll be satisfied--it comes down to a matter of personal choice. Stay safe and good fishing!!! Welcome to the BOC.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Both are cut from the same blank. The TC rod is cut a little higher off the blank, making it a faster action. If your looking for more backbone, go with the safari, if you want more bend say for drifting deep water and lettin the blues bend it over go with the TC.

6. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a catfishsafari rod and its really nice. It is sensitive so I can see my baitfish wiggling around when I go for flatties, and its got some serious backbone. You know it when you get a good one on. I have the 7'6" black lake rod with green wraps and a abu garcia 6500 catfish pro. Hands-down my favorite rod in my collection.