Catfish Safari Shootout

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by dougc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Who's going to be there? Down to three weeks now and I can't wait! Fishing this one with Brandon (and he's bringing his secret weapon!):wink:

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Thanks Doug, didn't know their was going to be one, whats the date, can anyone fish or is this Tournament members only. Got one more tournament upper Osage and done for year.
    Jim

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Gonna miss this one. Race weekend.

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    October 3rd, with party to follow! Open to anyone who wants to go. Hope to see you there Jim!

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Doug is it at the same place it was last year?

Tom

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
  7. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Was looking forward to it but I am on Call that weekend. :sad2:
    So far I'm not having any luck trading weekends with any other of my Fellow Techs. :angry:

8. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
  9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Looks like Steve's done good job of putting this thing together!

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    went to warsaw yesterday to work out some logistics and do a little fishing. we caught between 15-20 fish in three drifts!! so the fish are definatly biting! should be a great tourney this weekend!

11. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good luck to everyone! in this event!

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    As I sit here eating fresh bluecat filets from Truman reminiscing about the weekend, I have to think, (dang these catfish are good)! Man I'm sunburned, windburned, and beat to heck, but it was sure awesome to take three days off and do nothing but fish! I'm ready to do it again! (Next year-still recuperating!)

It was great to see everybody, though I think we were missing a few, and can't wait for the next opportunity to do it again. Just in it's second year, the Catfish Safari Shootout was something I was looking forward to and am anxious for the next one!

Congrats to the top finishers, especially Gary and Steve for blowing away the competition. The guys could have won with one fish, and they were certainly playing it up at the weigh-in! The stringers were heavier for most teams this year, but I think I weighed the same measly weight as last year! (Don't know how that happened?)

Many thanks to KC Catfish and Steve Brown for holding the event, and especially Steve for letting Brad & I fish out of his boat all day Sunday. Brad & Steve invited me to stay and fish after the tournament, and it turned out to be too good of a day to pass up! Steve even went out with us for a couple of hours to help catch bait! What a guy...

Last but not least, a big thanks to Russell Devore for teaming up with me for the tournament. We gave it every thing we had and didn't want to waste a minute of fishing time. We ended up pushing it to the last minute, and got to the weigh in with less than 5 minutes to spare. Unfortunately, what we brought to the scales wasn't enough to boost us up on the leader board. If I ever have the opportunity to partner up with Russ again, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The guy's a great guy and fisherman. Thanks Russ, we'll get 'em next time!:wink: