Catfish Safari Rod choice?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fcrnnngbck25, Feb 9, 2008.

1. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Well i'm getting a abu garcia 7000 for my birthday in May. Usually I get my presents early around tax returns time ^_^ so i'm lookin to upgrade my equipment. In the past i've used wal-mart specials cause I generally don't have enough money so I'm looking to invest in a Catfish Safari Rod. Something thats not going to break on the first fish. I fish a medium sized river most of the year. I also fish from the bank. Although the rivers not quite massive I have seen some large fish be taken from there so I want the best value that'll fit for me. There's several choices but I'm not sure which to get. Any advice would be appreciated :smile2:

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    pm steve at catfish safari.. he is very helpfull .. i think you would like the flathead rod its kinda in between a river rod and a lake rod to me... i will have one this week i hope!!

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I AGREE WITH ADAM PM STEVE HE WILL HELP YOU

4. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I'll do that, but you may be right about the flathead rod since i do sometimes fish in lakes might best suit me. Thanks for the help.

5. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I have two of the Flathead rods. They are well made rods and that yellow color is very visible at night. I went with the Flathead model because they are 8 feet long, and I wanted all the length I could get for casting. I used Ugly Stik Tiger rods before I got the Flatheads. It took me a few casts before I got the timing down for casting the Flathead rods. The Flathead rods have more "flex" and it took a few tries before I got used to the feel. Also, I have 7000's mounted on my rods.

Best advise I can give would be to call Steve and let him tell you about all of his products, and make an educated purchase with his help. He has experience with all of his rods and will know what will suit you best. Doug

6. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    Hi Paul, I can only add to the advice already given. Give Steve a call and you will find a most friendly and helpful guy. He spent probably 20 or 30 minutes on the phone with me. He even knew the waters I fish. He suggested the best rod he thought would work for me, the Lake Rod. It is a dandy, I also bought a Channel Rod, lighter but perfect for wading riffles. All this before he came out with his Flathead Rod, which I intend to purchase along with another Lake Rod.

A phone call to Steve before you make your purchase will be time well spent.

Good Luck to you with your new Catfish Safari Rod.

Riverjake

7. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Yeah I mulled it over took a bit to think about what would best suit me and I think i'm going to go with the flathead rod. I'm going to be buying the red abu garcia 7000 they have can't remember if it was the C or I version either way it was the cheaper of the two :cool2:. I'll prolly give them a call tomarrow to get a good confident feel for what i want

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I agree, The flathead rod is probably going to be your best choice.

9. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would go with the flathead or lake rod. I just got a set of lake rods from catfish safari. I do a lot of bank fishing too. Either on you go with will be a great choice. Steve will be able to help the one thats best for you.