catfish rod?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by angiereid21, Jul 14, 2008.

1. angiereid21

angiereid21 New Member

State:
    Excelsior Sp MO
    I want to get into catfishing below truman dam. Most everone is using 12 foot rods. The one I liked had the para cord like catfish safari sells but it was also 2 piece. Does anybody know where to purchas one around here. Their was another guy that had one custom made by someone in warsaw that was made out of e-glass but didnt have the guys number. If someone could help me out i would appreciate it

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Kevin! Can't help you with that particular rod, but if you'll check out our sponsors, I'd bet you can find a rod to suit you at a reasonable price.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The station bait shop on the west side of the dam and also bakers bait shop in Lincoln have what your looking for. Good luck out there and welcome to the BOC.....

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I think that you are talking about the MeatHunter Rods. The one that I have is white and blue but it has the foam handle I do know they have the wrapped handles though.

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have been building mine and my brothers rods for a few years now......I dont know what kind of time you have on your hands, but I enjoy it.

mudhole.com has everything you need to get started if you are interested. They also have classes you can look into, and a forum, if you get stuck.

I dont do professional grade work, I could I guess if I took the time, but mainly I build for myself. I have worn out so many surf rods eyes, broken tips, ect it was costing me big bucks. I can build my own pole for a fraction of the price.

The start up price for accessories, ie. if you dont want to build your own rod wrapper, thread, ect, will run you about 125-150. That is a pretty cheap price when you start shelling out 200-400 for a rod. The last trip I went to below a damn I sold my whole rig (after I quit fishing with it for the day).

6. angiereid21

angiereid21 New Member

State:
    Excelsior Sp MO
    thanks to everyone i will have to check those places out i cant afford gas for the boat and truck so figured i would just go below the dam.:smile2:

7. catchandfillet

catchandfillet New Member

State:
    mo
    I bought my catfishing rods from oklahoma at www.rfsportsinc.com/ these are great rods for the money . this company is very good at answering questions on eyes and grips u want to put on your rods.

8. catchandfillet

State:
    mo
    Also check out the panfish rods for crappie and white bass fishing I love these rods also great action in them :wink:

9. catchandfillet

State:
    mo
    Also if u are close to warsaw missouri area catfishsafari.com sells these rods with specail eye guides and grips truely great catfishing rods!!!!!!!

10. catchandfillet

State:
    mo
    If larger then 8 ft u may need to check with the other company posted above from rf sports ,they have them all the way up to 16 ft i believe and 1 and 2 piece rods for fishing below the dam.

11. ooicu812

ooicu812 New Member

State:
    missouri
    You dont have to spend a ton for a reliabal stick. Ive got 1 rod made by the above brand ive been using for years!

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    how about a 12ft ugly stik bigwater rod, in heavy action.....I can sling 10-ozs of weight and a big shad head 90 yds with mine.

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people. I don't know anything about the type of rod you are looking for, but I am sure one of the BOC sponsers can help you out