Catfish rod sources?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by illnoize, Jul 15, 2006.

1. illnoize

illnoize New Member

State:
    illinois
    Are there any other online catalogs besides catfish connection that sell cat rods?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Bass Pro Shops, Gator Rods (BOC Sponser), Cabelas and so on

3. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My favorite mall:
    eBay!

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    There are not many catfish specific rods out there. Cabelas have them bass pro has some. Of course like most people you can buy a general purpose rod thta is good for alot of fish. Most any shakesphere ugly stik will work. The tiger stiks are about as good as you can get for big cats. Look around most places carry them.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just bought two ugly stik tigers from bass pro, and got the rods in 3 days.

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Aaron, I don't know if you have ever bought anything from CC but they have a good selection,competitive prices and are some of the most professional folks I have ever dealt with.
    I got disgusted a little while ago when I found out that the Penn 220GTO reel I just paid $69 for at Bass Pro could have been purchased from Catfish Connection for under $53 if I had only looked in their catalog.
    They also are a sponsor of this great forum.

whatever it takes

Cheez

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cheez, I hate to make you aware of this but CC is no longer a sponsor of the BOC.

8. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Personally I won't do business with CC anymore, so i've been looking for an alternative myself and haven't found anyplace that offers as wide of a selection. I'm not too worried though, someone will see the opportunity and step up with some decent offerings.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm with you on this one. I've had to pay a bit extra, but the rods i've been looking at are available at a few select sources.

10. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Sorry guys I wasn't aware that Catfish Connection was no longer our sponsor.
    Is there something else I need to know?
    I think they are great folks but if they have done something to harm the board I will rethink my position.
    Someone please chime in here, I was away from the daily use of the board for quite a while untill I got this new computer.

Thanks,

Cheez

11. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cheez, I don't know the problem but if they don't want to be a sponser, then I find another supplier until we get a new sponser. I talked to a shop not far from me about contacting the BOC to see about becoming a sponser. I don't know if they did, but they would need to expand their inventory.

12. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I'm still missing something here I guess. I see people here talking up giant corporate outlets like Wal-Mart,Bass pro and Cabela's and they don't sponsor us. What's the difference other than all of them together don't have as much catfish stuff as Catfish Connection.
    Someone please enlighten me on this subject because if the only reason for not buying from them is because they no longer sponsor us, that's not enough reason for me.

Whatever it takes

Cheez

13. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    There isnt another big catfishing store around. I spent hours looking and CC is by far the best

14. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    A few others have asked the same thing, but no clear answers other than they didn't seem to give as much as they got (give-away goodies and such). I'm with you on the fact that we guide folks to wally world BPS and cabelas and they arent a sponsor, but we're not supposed to buy from CC anymore. Don't make sense. Now if their webiste said something to the effect of BOC sux, then OK, that's the end. But as it is, until another alternative vendor is made known to us, I'll keep on buying from CC.

15. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Fisherman's Factory Outlet (do a search on line) has discount and overrun tackle of different sorts including rods - not specifically cat rods, but some good ones that would work. They also have a lot of Abu reels at good prices, as well as some factoried reconditioned ones.