Catfish remind me of sharks and JAWS

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Sep 17, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    ever since i saw JAWS (my favorite move ever.) its made me think of catfish. especially when quint makes that big slick in the end and they put the huge jugs on em! love that movie.

2. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I love the JAWS movies as well. I have, also, thought Catfish and Sharks have a lot in common. More than both being fishes. I saw a picture once of a man carrying a catfish on his back. He was in the jungle somewhere. But, the catfish had a very shark like tail and body with a big catfish head. The catfish was about 6 feet long. and greyish colored.
    The Great White is my favorite shark. I have one tattooed on my shoulder.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i also love sharks id love to go fishing for them someday. i wonder if cats and sharks are related?

4. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I believe the cat your tlaking about comes from the Amazon. I forget the name but I saw a video of catfishing on the Amazon and they were catching a cat that sounds like your describing. Even the host made comments that the fish looks shark like.

5. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Here I am CPR'n a big blue........

Attached Files:

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Jaws is a good flick! Don't believe that sharks and catfish are related though!

7. Wayne J.

Wayne J. New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I caught a 8.14lb blue sat. night on the hocking river (creek), sat. night. Bit me 3 times before my son could snap a picture of it. Ive caught some good size cats, but pound for pound i think this was the meanest one I have ever landed. Maybe the cat from HELL.lol:cool2:

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    haha he sounds pretty mean. i got stung once by a cat and the thing itched for weeks. hahaha.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL...Thats a good one

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Catfish are the freshwater shark!!

I love Jaws and I even bought the box set when it came out. I always rattle off a few lines from the movie while I am on the boat.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

www.cerc.columbia.edu/news/images/catfish_sm.jpg

Heres a pic of that fish

12. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    especially when ur out in pitch black darkness and some1 starts talkin about sharks and jaws and stuff like that.... man,, it gets me everytime

13. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Jaws is one of my favorie movies. Check out my sigline.

14. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I for one have never read anything on the relation between sharks or catfish, but believe they are relatively closley related.

1. Catfish use electroreception to locate food, much like sharks. What this means is, the can actually see the electricity in a living organism. Few fish can do this.

2. There body structures are similar. Same basic fin structure, and no scales.

3. A lot of home aquarium sharks like exactly like catfish without wiskers.

4. Both are great predators, with the exception of a few species in both categories.

Proof enough?

15. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Agree WylieCat Catfish Are The Freshwater Sharks.

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Josh brings up a good point about aquarium "sharks".

Can someone who is well versed aquarium fish please let us know if those fish they sell in pet stores are really sharks? They look like dang catfish to me!

17. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    When that ole flathead gets any size on him he just lays around waiting for something that will fit in his big ole mouth. He is the ultimate freshwater predator! grizzly