Catfish Rage!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kkyyoottee, Sep 4, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have a new term to replace road rage!!! Catfish Rage!!The wife and our sons headed this weekend to our favorite hole to relax. Upon our arrival a couple from the metro area had his pickup parked in middle of boat ramp and all his fishing gear spread out and radio on some ungodly noise and nuculear high volume!! I got out of truck and walked down said hi and asked if he could move his truck that he was on a boat ramp and I would like to put my boat in . He started cussing and mumbling under his breath and moved. I put out boat in and pulled my truck up out of the way. Later while we were out about 400 yards this yeahoo comes back to boat ramp shouting obsenitys at us and telling us he was headed to get his boat and we better not be there when he returned. What is up with people? Or is it just me that Im getting older!! Anyone else notice this ?

2. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    sounds like somebody needed a hug.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    If that's what fists to the face are now called, I agree.

The guy sounds psychotic and needed a reality check.

4. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Maybe its 'cause i'm young and dumb, maybe its just in my nature, but i would have invited him to "come on out". If he's dumb enough to come, i'd have some treble hooks and a boat paddle waiting for him if he tried something stupid. Thats just me though. Its a shame some people have to act ignorant and try to ruin everybody else's day on the water.

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If he had a boat he would have been fishing in it. When I leave my boat at home I don't fish in spots I could fish with my boat.

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    When you encounter behaviour that is irrational, and otherwise inexplicable, look to mental illness or drugs. Or both.:sad2:

As far as fists go, they don't change a thing. Pound a jerk into a pulp, and when you're finished, guess what? He's still a jerk.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dave: I'm getting too old for it anymore. At one time not too long ago I would have squared up to or against anyone. I usually lost, but I had the satisfaction of knowing I didn't let it go by. Now I avoid, avoid. I don't know what it is anymore. They look for confrontation. They want trouble. Whether mental, drugged or just plain dog mean. I can take care of myself if need be. Who I worry about is my wife out by herself, or driving the long trips she does by herself. I don't like looking over my shoulder, because they never come at you from the front. I move on, stay home or go where they aren't. John

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    But it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :wink: lol. But good point, I see what you're saying.

9. plukr54

plukr54 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I`m with postbeetle! Avoid. Now days people shoot ya for less than that!

10. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    ive had that happen to me once, me a a buddy were fishing once and to kids about our age came up and said they were gunna go and egt their fishin stuff and we better not be anywhere near the area when they get back. it pissed us off and we exchanged a few threats and they said theyd be back and if we were still there theyd make us move. we stayed, they came back saw we were there, and me and my buddy stood up, they walked down the bank. we stayed there all night, even tho were wernt catching anywthing:smile2:

11. riverfishinfool

riverfishinfool New Member

State:
    ohio
    one of my buddies was telling me a story about his neighbor fishing in great miami river up by blue rock road. they were fishing under a bridge when a couple of early teens walked across the bridge. the kids started throwing rocks of the bridge into water where they were fishing. they asked the teens nicely to stop, rather than stop the teens started cussing the guys out and then started throwing rocks at them. dont know how kids got so bad. its only been 15 years since i was thst age, and never in a hundred years would i do something like that.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    not if ya shoot first.

13. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well fist da cuffs came to mind first. Then I thought how stupid can you be to be set up in the middle of a boat ramp. I suppose if there had been a picnic table close by he would of drug it down there also. The thought also came to me the safety of my wife and kids if I had confronted him. So he got nothing in return from me except a little curse of " what goes around comes around". We soon forgot the incident after first cat was hauled to boat. But it did piss:eek:oooh: me off to high heaven.

14. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Any time I carve out to spend at the lake or my favorite duck hole is/was to valuable to let some one ..anyone for that matter take the shine off. I ignore the distraction as ya would a rain squawl or some early skeeters.

Now when it comes to plain rude my tolerance is pretty short.. stupid on the other hand makes me let a lot just slide by.
    Never forget that Cell.
    Those troops are just a call away and it won't take them a second to sort out the creeps from the good guys.

R Green

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    As far as fists go, they don't change a thing. Pound a jerk into a pulp, and when you're finished, guess what? He's still a jerk.

Yea but hes a jerk eatin nothin but soup. LOL!

16. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    yes and i like the 12ga hug the best, leaves plenty of chum .:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes, but I will feel better knowing that he doesn't, LOL!!! Not to mention, when I pull up to the ramp the next time, I won't have to explain myself to him, all over again!!!!

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I won't have to explain myself to him, all over again!!!!

Nothin like a lasting impression. LOL!

19. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    We normally just start backing down the ramp....that usally gets the message across

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    There is nutty people every where.
    Bill